316 perch wake walleye

Niki814

Went on a note mission for bass an got a suprise!!  This walleye hit like a ton of bricks an actually fought nice. Most walleye feel like reeling in a wet paper bag.  An these little baitfish were all over the beach area and any place that had gravel.  They had the water bubbling there was so many of them. 

20200809_234322.jpg

20200809_222109.jpg

20200809_222020.jpg

Well done - great catch! I wonder if there were Perch feeding on those little Emerald Shiners and the Walleye were feeding on the Perch.  If that was the case that 3:16 Perch would be a great  choice.  May be a Perch colored Hudd would work too.  Nah...probably not :)

2 hours ago, Briant N. said:

Hehe im gonna be that guy: Those baitfish are called ‘inland silversides’. Super common baitfish in the US. I plan on making small swimbaits that imitate various small baitfish like those one of these days. Jealous of that hog walleye btw :eek:

If you make some let me know plz. The walleye feed on them like crazy. An I need a good fish fry

On 8/14/2020 at 5:01 PM, Briant N. said:

Hehe im gonna be that guy: Those baitfish are called ‘inland silversides’. Super common baitfish in the US. I plan on making small swimbaits that imitate various small baitfish like those one of these days. Jealous of that hog walleye btw :eek:

I think you might be right - for some reason I was thinking the fish came out of a CO lake...not sure why, other than the fact that I live in CO.  We don't have inland silversides here, but we do have emerald shiners.  Either way, small silvery baitfish that bigger fish like to eat!  I wonder how a bigger swimbait painted like a school of small fish (Sebile-style) would work?

On 8/16/2020 at 12:42 PM, FishDr said:

I think you might be right - for some reason I was thinking the fish came out of a CO lake...not sure why, other than the fact that I live in CO.  We don't have inland silversides here, but we do have emerald shiners.  Either way, small silvery baitfish that bigger fish like to eat!  I wonder how a bigger swimbait painted like a school of small fish (Sebile-style) would work?

I was thinking the same thing. Like a bait ball glide would be cool