Moving to Jacksonville, NC *Need Help

kahai808

SU,

Got my final sets of order before I retire from the Navy! Gotta head to NC (Jacksonville area) for about 8 months then I’ll head to Texas to finish my tour. Can anyone help me with some areas to fish. Not looking for you to give up your spots just want a list of places I should fish. Feel free to PM me. Much appreciated SU! 

Dean

How does a Navy guy not bring a boat?!?!?

You’ll have a lot of brackish water there in the New, Shad and striper runs there. Small ponds on base, but they change year to year for effectiveness. Your best bet for freshwater there is going to be neighborhood ponds. 
If you want a little drive, Shearon Harris in near Raleigh is pretty great, but you really need a boat or at least a kayak. I have a Nucanoe Frontier you’re welcome to  borrow for the duration if you get desperate. I’m in Charlotte but I hit Wilmington on a regular basis. 
I’ll check with anyone I know at Lejeune for any more bank banger info.  Thank you for your service and congrats on it being your last orders.

Edited by Volfan

I was there twice For school in between Being stationed in San Diego... fishing was not on my agenda too often when I was there so not much help but most guys I ran with were hitting mostly salt. I landed in Texas so depending on where you’re planning to move here when your time is up in JVille, I can try and help ya 

12 hours ago, jdjtexas said:

I was there twice For school in between Being stationed in San Diego... fishing was not on my agenda too often when I was there so not much help but most guys I ran with were hitting mostly salt. I landed in Texas so depending on where you’re planning to move here when your time is up in JVille, I can try and help ya 

Man these sets if ordered aren’t taking me to where I’ve any to be in Texas but after this I’ll retire and head to Tyler, Tx! 

Just pcsd from there. 

The New River.

Lake Sutton is more of a boat spot but I was able to fish effectively wading when not on my boat/kayak. 

The ponds on Lejeune have their moments. Mile Hammock bay is pretty good (and the other one down the road from it). Henderson is one that has its moments. Don’t waste time at Orde pond. Landfill ponds have fish but are hit or miss. 

Further away is Lake Waccamaw. 

Jordan and Shearon Harris are good. 

I’m in Beaufort SC and miles and miles away from public bass fishing. Looked like some small ponds on the air station though. 

Fish inshore too.