Testers Needed: Bite-Sized Gill (Crankdown)

danthefisherman

Looking for a few members willing to test and provide honest feedback on these new crankdowns for me:

20200826_143345-01.thumb.jpeg.816aefa6b2b46d00dc9a3febcafe3b92.jpeg

Length: 5.5 inches (with tail)
Weight: Roughly 2.25 ounces
Hooks: Owner ST-41 (size 1 front, size 2 rear)
Rings: Owner Hyper Wire (size 5 front, size 4 rear)
Hardware: Stainless steel screws and pin
Finish: Airbrush and acrylic paint with 2K automotive clear
Depth: Approximately 5 feet (give or take?)

The middle, crappie pattern is a medium float model (think standard crankbait) while the other two are slow float. The gill pattern on the left has a small chip at the joint from coming into contact with my knife but it shouldn't affect the swim. All baits will come ready to fish with spare tails including a super soft tail for a wider tail kick. I may also include a spare diving lip in case you need a replacement. All you need for the tails is some super glue gel and the same or two part epoxy for the replacement lip.

I'm planning to have these baits out in the field for about a month or so depending on how much they actually get fished. To avoid having members sign up just to get a "free" bait, I am requesting that testers do ship the baits back to me by September 30, 2020. If testers are wanting to keep the baits at the end of their term, we can maybe work something out privately on a case by case basis. Additionally, I am requesting that testers send a few bucks to help cover shipping the bait to them as it adds up on my end. I won't be sending baits out of the states, sorry.

If interested, please message me saying so and also include a quick summary of why you think you would be a good tester. Priority will be given to reputable members who obviously contribute to the forum, but I may just request some sort of down payment from members whom I have had few interactions with them. I will be visiting your profile and evaluating your interactions on the forum before making a decision on your application. I will also be leaving feedback on your profile as a tester at the end of the term. ALL TESTERS MUST PUT IN EFFORT TO FISH THE BAITS. In the case that a bait is "lost", I may request a small payment to cover materials and labor, but I don't want that to be a deterrent from fishing the bait. My goal is to make this as pain-free, safe, and beneficial for both parties as possible and thought it would be neat to make it an open opportunity for all SU members.

If you have any questions or are interested in becoming a field tester, feel free to comment or shoot me a message, thanks!

Dan

Thanks to all those who have reached out so far! I wish I had baits for everyone but am stoked to at least get these three out.

I will be giving the listing a day or so before going through messages and choosing recipients to give everyone a fair chance. Thanks SU!

Edited by danthefisherman

Testers have been selected and all baits are spoken for!

A huge thank you to all who expressed interest in these baits. It was extremely difficult to pick only three recipients out of the many who reached out. Looking forward to seeing some fish catches on these things and seeing what I can improve. Tight lines and thanks SU!

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 6:29 PM, danthefisherman said:

Looking for a few members willing to test and provide honest feedback on these new crankdowns for me:

20200826_143345-01.thumb.jpeg.816aefa6b2b46d00dc9a3febcafe3b92.jpeg

Length: 5.5 inches (with tail)
Weight: Roughly 2.25 ounces
Hooks: Owner ST-41 (size 1 front, size 2 rear)
Rings: Owner Hyper Wire (size 5 front, size 4 rear)
Hardware: Stainless steel screws and pin
Finish: Airbrush and acrylic paint with 2K automotive clear
Depth: Approximately 5 feet (give or take?)

The middle, crappie pattern is a medium float model (think standard crankbait) while the other two are slow float. The gill pattern on the left has a small chip at the joint from coming into contact with my knife but it shouldn't affect the swim. All baits will come ready to fish with spare tails including a super soft tail for a wider tail kick. I may also include a spare diving lip in case you need a replacement. All you need for the tails is some super glue gel and the same or two part epoxy for the replacement lip.

I'm planning to have these baits out in the field for about a month or so depending on how much they actually get fished. To avoid having members sign up just to get a "free" bait, I am requesting that testers do ship the baits back to me by September 30, 2020. If testers are wanting to keep the baits at the end of their term, we can maybe work something out privately on a case by case basis. Additionally, I am requesting that testers send a few bucks to help cover shipping the bait to them as it adds up on my end. I won't be sending baits out of the states, sorry.

If interested, please message me saying so and also include a quick summary of why you think you would be a good tester. Priority will be given to reputable members who obviously contribute to the forum, but I may just request some sort of down payment from members whom I have had few interactions with them. I will be visiting your profile and evaluating your interactions on the forum before making a decision on your application. I will also be leaving feedback on your profile as a tester at the end of the term. ALL TESTERS MUST PUT IN EFFORT TO FISH THE BAITS. In the case that a bait is "lost", I may request a small payment to cover materials and labor, but I don't want that to be a deterrent from fishing the bait. My goal is to make this as pain-free, safe, and beneficial for both parties as possible and thought it would be neat to make it an open opportunity for all SU members.

If you have any questions or are interested in becoming a field tester, feel free to comment or shoot me a message, thanks!

Dan

They look really good man