Grab and Go, Small Box Baits

Genothefisherman3

31 minutes ago, 168 Rookie said:

Not to hijack, but I've checked these on TW--$8.99 for a 2-pack of 6.5" is dang near unbeatable. I've wondered whether the action was good or not--you confirm though?

Yeah man it’s a staple bait now for me. I saw Danny Rago crushing on em last year on IG and had fished the myagi swimmer and gave the creep a shot. This fish came out from a dock at dawn and hammered the bait stupid hard. Think it was 3rd cast ever with the bait. Ended up getting 4 more that day. All the same size to a low 4, stupid aggressive hits even had a dink swallow it whole 

I go pro ghost alewife color most of the time but literally own all the colors, the new HD colors are sick too. Worth the $9 investment. Plus they last numerous fish, that one got me 9-10 before the tail get ripped by a pickerel 

74493AFD-C8FF-484A-8810-B94DB0B815BE.jpeg

I throw these on a flipping stick when I’m on the go and just wanna throw it in the cab of the truck. All killer and all 1-1.5oz. Haven’t caught anything on the triple trout stubby yet but I’ve only fished it a couple times. Yunique gill, triple trout stubby, trap bass house mouse, golden gremlin glide

image.jpg

46 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Yeah man it’s a staple bait now for me. I saw Danny Rago crushing on em last year on IG and had fished the myagi swimmer and gave the creep a shot. This fish came out from a dock at dawn and hammered the bait stupid hard. Think it was 3rd cast ever with the bait. Ended up getting 4 more that day. All the same size to a low 4, stupid aggressive hits even had a dink swallow it whole 

I go pro ghost alewife color most of the time but literally own all the colors, the new HD colors are sick too. Worth the $9 investment. Plus they last numerous fish, that one got me 9-10 before the tail get ripped by a pickerel 

74493AFD-C8FF-484A-8810-B94DB0B815BE.jpeg

Word, thanks for that write-up, I'm sold. And yeah those HD colors are ridiculous, look tasty as heck. Thanks brother. 

My grab and go setup:

86 baits in golden shiner

86 baits in matte black (for when it gets dark)

Tiny Klash with extra lips (I lose them a lot)

A couple Yunique Gills if there is grass around

I’m on a major slump right now, haven’t caught a swimbait fish in a fat minute, but these are my confidence baits

People have already mentioned Hardgill and Deps 175 which I also endorse.  A couple of baits that are pretty good for those smaller waters are the Rago Generic rat (the single treble model) and the Evergreen ES Flat.  Both of these are pretty cheap and get bit.