Daiwa Tatula 300

Norrycha

• 2 months later...
On 9/29/2020 at 9:49 PM, Norrycha said:

Any one here have one yet and what do you think about it? Planing on getting one Just for top water and glide bait. How does it compare to  Shimano Tranx 300.. ?

I love mine. Got it a few days ago.  Casts a mile with easy. Caught a 14lb striper on it and it was no problem. Smooth and sturdy. I just ordered a second.  The Tranx is a great reel, but I think the Tatula is honestly better.

I got the 8.1 a couple of weeks ago and used it one day so far.   It's going to get a real test this coming weekend so I'll report back next week.  So far I like it but need to get it dialed in. Compared to the original revo toros that I love, it's an adjustment. 

On 12/1/2020 at 5:06 PM, xxlbass said:

i held one at the local shop and ended up buying the 8.1 version.  I have yet to even put line on it, but it looks cool collecting dust.

Doesn’t it? I bought one on Black Friday under retail but I don’t have a rod for it so it just sits on my side table :lol:

This reel is everything you would expect it to be if you have used the smaller ones. You can really dial it in to maximize distance on your casts. Also they made the T Wing on this one bigger to accommodate bigger lines and to pass knots through. I'm gonna be dropping a full review on my YT eventually, I'll post when so get to it.

I have the 7.1 and have fished it on several outings. It feels good and casts great. It is a bit taller in profile and the spool is narrower/deeper compared to the lexa 300. This is a good reel for glides and faster retreive baits IMO. It does have good power with the 110mm handle and can bulldoze baits through weeds. So far it's a great addition for me.