the bite

badbasstv

went out to a local lake in SD and to break in my huddleston/baitsmiths tonight and I didn't catch any bass but just a little drizzle on my fingers from all the fog.

I did get bit. It felt like something stunned it and then tugged on it a couple times. Big fish or small fish? I will never know. :x

What kind descriptive bites are you guys getting? (thump, tick, rod knockin)

Hook sets are free man, if you think it's a bite, swing!

If you wait for a particular bite, you are going to miss a lot of fish, ask me how I know... :lol:

Geoff

X3!! I'll swing at anything irregular that i feel, little bump, tick, heavy feel... whats the worst that happens if you swing on something? It might be the "one" good luck ;)

I swing no matter what I feel, tick, thump, or even if something feels different such as movement of the bait or the everything feels a little heavier. I definitely agree with what Geoff said. I personally swing instantly as soon as I feel anything. ive always said I would rather swing 50 times for nothing, than to not swing for something!

SWING!!! I have had to swing 4 times during the same retrieve but on the fourth time I got his ass!

probably 40% of the fish I catch I luck into because I wasn't sure it was a bite,better safe than sorry. But after awhile you can tell the difference between wood,soft bottom and weeds just keep fishing it bro

that may be true. i've had them hit the ospreys or other baits with that type of tail and it feels just heavy but not with the hudds. i never throw the smaller hudds if that makes any difference idk. best thing i can say is be a fisherman. if you can feel somethings not natural set the hook.

Limited experience thus far. I'm up to 5 Hudd fish now and counting. So far, I'm with cd7 on this. There has been NO DOUBT. But from what I know about fishing in general, what Colby is saying holds true. Often the biggest fish give the smallest tics b/c they're fat and lazy and they just suck the bait up and don't even move.

I don't believe in just swinging at god knows what though unless fishing the middle of the water column without any cover around. If you're bouncing through cover, I say you better figure out what it feels like to bounce off the cover and don't sabotage your presentation by swinging at THAT feeling. That's when you're doing it right and you need to keep doing it right until the real thing happens.

I like the little "tick, slack" bites where you get a tiny little pop or a somewhat large pop then you lose complete feel of your bait and have to reel a few cranks before you set the hook and your freakin rod quadruples over....thems the ones I like.

+1 I love when this bite happens. They usually have it choked! Like setting on a brick wall!