Real prey help

Kyle1387

2 hours ago, urbanhick said:

If it's BB rigged with to big of a hook that could tip the bait. I have 2 and they both swim great BB rigged. He is a good friend of mine if you can't get ahold of him I can probably help you out in that regard.

Its got the original jig hook and then a stinger but it was running fine originally when I rigged the stinger

I would also add that adding stingers or BB rigging baits can throw off the balance of the bait and make it not swim correctly.  This is especially true with flat sided baits like his G2 pond shiner.  If its off it can tip the bait to one side or another and make it swim crooked.  

I've had issues with a couple baits in the past and Joe replaced them without issue.  And because of him and the effectiveness of his baits I own a lot.  More than any other soft bait in my collection by far.  

Update. Im dumb 

Went out to to fish for smallies and before leaving i decided to try to add more lead and try to find the problem. Turns out the wire trailer I had rigged had a small tag end pushing the fin slightly to the left. Cut him off and she swims perfect now. Shocked thats all it was but I guess since there's no foam harness it was just enough to push it over

20201022_160851.jpg

20201022_160854.jpg

4 hours ago, urbanhick said:

I don't have the jig hook version.  I don't think it was even an option back when I got mine.

I'm yet to hook up with it but that hook is MEAN,  I'm pretty sure on the site he said its a 8/0 beast molded into the lead

8 hours ago, bassturds said:

Haven’t gotten fish on the 10 inch trout but I had a monster pickerel take a whack at it once. I was kinda mad, cuz I felt hit, set hook then 30 seconds later I see the pickerel grab the tail of it! Missed the stinger hook!

4 lb'er is all I caught on mine but I don't throw it much anymore. I actually snapped an okuma guide select XH on the back cast throwing it. Joe was with me one it happened lol.

1 hour ago, urbanhick said:

4 lb'er is all I caught on mine but I don't throw it much anymore. I actually snapped an okuma guide select XH on the back cast throwing it. Joe was with me one it happened lol.

Yea im tossing mine on a Daiwa dx xxh and it seems to be perfect for it. Gonna pick up a couple more for spring. Really like the tail kick and for 50$ its a no Brainer compared to hudds and baitsmiths