Butch Slapped all of TEXAS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Jtelarkin08

Butch you are my hero!!! I tried to tell guys on TFF to not doubt you but they didnt listnen!!! HAHA

Heres the background for those of you not from TX.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubb ... ost5907569

So here is how butch responds. HAHAHa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zG5LoXr ... rofilepage

Butch great to hear you will be coming out here one of these days.. I hope i have started to learn to catch big ones on my hudds by that time.. This state wont know what hit them when you start sicking upper teen fish on big baits...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote "Huddleston baits are greatness out there in sunny Ca...between those and Mattlures...."

HAHA!!! It's this kind of closed mind that WONT ever do it right. Not with a swimbait anyway. I guess they don't have fish in the 8" to 10" class that get ate up by big bass in TX? :lol: Funny.

Many of the posts on the TFF were complimentary of Butch, so let's don't assume that all, or the majority of Texas bass fisherman are complete morons. With a listed membership of nearly 58,000 there's always some ignorant ass who has to post something negative / ignorant whenever anyone posts the results of an awesome catch, regardless of where it came from. (Keep in mind, that a lot of guys on the TFF think Supermat is awesome :D )

There are many swimbait fishermen in Texas who are really quiet about what they're doing and have caught some toads / big stringers but as this is still an unusual way to fish in the land where the Texas rigged worm was created, they keep it on the lowdown. Are there any on the level of Butch Brown, or any of the other highly acclaimed CA trophy hunters? Probably not - but then again, these guys try and keep this quiet. Maybe there's a few that are in development that we'll learn about. Also, many of the western lakes that setup very well for SB's are just now maturing to the point where the bass are reaching trophy size, that being in the last 10 or so years. So maybe we'll see a shift in the near future.

That being said, I would love to see what Butch could do on OH Ivie, Amistad, or Falcon with a swimbait.

That being said, I would love to see what Butch could do on OH Ivie, Amistad, or Falcon with a swimbait.

From what I have seen on TV these lakes have some deep water with trees and brush, someone has to be tossing SBs around that junk and catching some pigs.

From what I have seen on TV these lakes have some deep water with trees and brush, someone has to be tossing SBs around that junk and catching some pigs.

They are - it's just not widely discussed. But the application of the various types of baits is what's mostly unknown. Most of the catches are made on Osprey type baits and the like. From what I can tell, there's not a lot of hardbait expertise, nor guys fishing 8" and up softbaits.

I am taking a guide trip to Falcon in August with a friend who is experienced with swims (guides / and throws swimbaits on Fork ) I will be throwing hudds and other big baits on that trip. Gonna get me some softbaits made in a tilapia pattern and see what I can bring in :shock: