SUB Battle For The Underground 2020 - Cheating

swimbaitunderground

6 hours ago, Jay.Domingo said:

While an explanation as to why he did it would be nice, I duno man. I’d be pretty embarrassed and ashamed to even post anything on here again if I got busted cheating.

Somehow I doubt we'll see much of him again, except on the Black Market having a "going out of business" sale.  Serious POS behavior.

A couple of the entries look suspect but I know my lil catch is not going to hold water but definitely something to look into.. I see a spinning reel behind the fish on the rocks. Bad place to leave a unattended rod, unless it was used. .. 

On 11/2/2020 at 11:28 AM, bassbass said:

Wow...

Not sure what is going on, but looks like they added a different tail to the fish?

On 11/2/2020 at 11:38 AM, danthefisherman said:

Is it suspected to be the same fish?

I do see some suspicious similarity in the tail and bottom fin, but touching up/modifying photos for better resolution is understandable (I have a cheap phone myself). My opinion is that video of weighing the fish on a zeroed scale should be required especially for the Battle. There's no way of really enforcing what bait members are catching on, and weights can very easily be faked in a photo...but video of the weighing process is hard to question unless cheaters find a way to mess with the scale reading or stuff the fish with lead or something. Maybe also require footage of the release so that we know the fish is alive and well/untampered with? Just throwing out ideas...

I still think @ikavelli should win something for his threadfin shad on the 250 and being a good sport :D

15 hours ago, pondbeater said:

So he photoshopped his first teener to look bigger and call it a different fish?

Same fish with parts of other fish that seem to be changed. Except the tail

On 11/3/2020 at 9:33 AM, FishDr said:

Wow.  I'm really disappointed to hear this, but, also, not that surprised - I guess that just goes to show that even when you have a community of mostly stand-up people, there are always those who will try to game the system.  Did they get banned from the site?  That seems like the very least that should be done - if the suspect and the site are in different locations, there might also be some interstate racketeering issues.

On 11/3/2020 at 12:06 PM, thastickybandit said:

What a turd

was his fish that got him into the battle also doctored?

We haven't gone that far back into it yet. 

15 hours ago, Doomlurker said:

So is this picture doctored too? Reminds me of when I’d try to change D’s into B’s on my report card. 

DDE770C6-033D-4F4B-8A78-13F685E79B4A.jpeg

Interestingly enough that is the only real image he submitted but who is to say whats going on outside the frame to make it 14lb 15oz