UFO Mothership side by side w/ Bubba

chefchris

Got the UFO Mothership in today. Took some side by side pics with the black dog bubba. 

The mothership measures out at 9" Long, 4" High and a hair over 1.5" thick at its widest point. Weight on mine (wake version) is 7.75oz, retail $299

The Bubba is 8.5" long, 3.5" high and almost 2" at its widest point, weight is 8.55oz retail $229 

I'll be swimming the mothership tomorrow. 

Pretty sick looking bait overall. will say that it doesn't feel as heavy as it is. 

UFO1.jpg

UFO2.jpg

UFO3.jpg

UFO4.jpg

Test swam mine today, crazy how slow you can swim it, literally as slow as you can move the handle it swims. 
and on the flip side you can burn it without it blowing out (conquest 400 2018 model) 

18 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Test swam mine today, crazy how slow you can swim it, literally as slow as you can move the handle it swims. 
and on the flip side you can burn it without it blowing out (conquest 400 2018 model) 

The 6” gill is like that too. Thing swims in place when it’s not even moving 

2 hours ago, southpaw8 said:

What rod do you throw throw the mothership on?

I’m using an xxh I built off an 8’-2” prototype Phenix blank. Rated to 10oz. I’ve also got a couple other rods built off 809XHJ and 909XHJ I might try but so far the 8’-2” is perfect for me. Using a conquest 400 now but might switch to a Tranx 400. 

ultimately, I think a nice XH might work but for me it’s on an xxh and I’m liking it. 

4651246B-BDB6-419C-9660-919E263DD5B5.jpeg

7 hours ago, southpaw8 said:

@chefchris and @Bass_blaster Thanks for the info. I’ve got an 8’ LDC XH that’s rated to 8oz but Im thinking I’d really have to baby it casting something that big.  Sounds like xxh is the way to go. 

I threw it the other day on my nameless 807 (rated 3-8oz) and it actually tossed it pretty good. Not something I’d throw all day on it but nice to know it’s doable if I don’t pack the xxh 

for a big bait it casts and fishes like a smaller bait than it really is.