Gomexus handles!!!

Mitchduh

I own both. Big surprise, you get what you pay for. Of course it’s not the same quality as a varial handle but it will get the job done, look cool and be more comfortable than stock. That said varial handles are on another level. If you can afford a varial 100% get one. But if you can’t than 100% get a gomexus. You will be happy either way! 

I felt like commenting on this post because it gets back to a theme we see a lot in the swimbait community. Do we support the small guy or the big corporation? The catch here is that DRT is not a small company, and many of their products used to be on tacklewarehouse. The reason I have no problem with the gomexus handles is due to the fact that their product serves near identical purpose for a much more reasonable price. I don't doubt that the DRT handle is made of higher quality components, all DRT products are made to the highest quality with little detail overlooked, but is this truly necessary. You don't need need your table spoon to be made out of titanium alloy. Paul Bailey who has probably caught more double digit bass than 99% on people on this forum has done it will a sub 150 dollar reel (the cardiff) that comes with easily the "lowest quality" stock handle I have experienced. Given that the handle performs well and that even the gomexus has to have better components than the cardiff, I don't think you can make the argument that component quality is a factor in this debate. Given that DRT handles are over 200 dollars when its all said and done, I think it was more than fair for gomexus to come in and exploit DRT's high price. In summary, DRT set themselves up for this. I don't condone copying, even considering how rampant it is in the fishing community (I mean Jesus look at what they did with the keitech) and I'm willing to admit that gomexus has just about copied the DRT. If DRT would come out with a handle that was even double the price of gomexus I would support them, simply based on the fact that it was their original design and their background in the swimbait community, but its not. If you're in the position to support DRT feel free to do so, but nobody should feel bad for turning their back on a product that doesn't come with a justifiable price tag.

The DRT handles are made by Livre, says right on the packaging, and they’re readily available all over the net for $100-200. 

there’s tons of great handle options all around, all depends on what you like and what you want to spend 

I picked up a pair of daiwa millionaires here that had $30 eBay carbon fiber handles that were amazing, the factory daiwa upgrade handle can be found from $40-60 (which I have on 3 of my daiwas) the hawgtech handles are sick for $100-110 bucks, then you got the gomexus handles/knobs. I’ve owned almost all the handles available except the DRT mainly because they’re not readily available and I know think it’s going to improve my fishing. Will it improve my enjoyment, possibly. 

but it’s like everything else in life, if you feel good about it, you’ll probably enjoy using it more, which makes the experience that much better overall. 

it’s like having a clean truck, I swear it drives and handles better when it’s looking all fresh. Does it actually do anything? No, but I feel better about it and enjoy it more. 

I will probably look into getting a tranx 300 handle for the grappler, Brand new ~40$. Gomexus does have a tough looking 5.4mm thick 110mm long handle. Black&red and Black&gold.

Edited by Mitchduh

On 11/23/2020 at 2:10 PM, Bass_blaster said:

Got the second handle. Moved the carbon 105 from the conquest to the Tranx and put the new aluminum 120 on the conquest. Liking them both a lot and wish they’d come out with a gold anodized aluminum one for the rest of the fleet. 

462EEE4D-BBE0-480C-92F5-9FC65DA4AE44.jpeg

Screenshot_20201124-232526_Instagram.jpg

4 hours ago, Moleman said:

I felt like commenting on this post because it gets back to a theme we see a lot in the swimbait community. Do we support the small guy or the big corporation? The catch here is that DRT is not a small company, and many of their products used to be on tacklewarehouse. The reason I have no problem with the gomexus handles is due to the fact that their product serves near identical purpose for a much more reasonable price. I don't doubt that the DRT handle is made of higher quality components, all DRT products are made to the highest quality with little detail overlooked, but is this truly necessary. You don't need need your table spoon to be made out of titanium alloy. Paul Bailey who has probably caught more double digit bass than 99% on people on this forum has done it will a sub 150 dollar reel (the cardiff) that comes with easily the "lowest quality" stock handle I have experienced. Given that the handle performs well and that even the gomexus has to have better components than the cardiff, I don't think you can make the argument that component quality is a factor in this debate. Given that DRT handles are over 200 dollars when its all said and done, I think it was more than fair for gomexus to come in and exploit DRT's high price. In summary, DRT set themselves up for this. I don't condone copying, even considering how rampant it is in the fishing community (I mean Jesus look at what they did with the keitech) and I'm willing to admit that gomexus has just about copied the DRT. If DRT would come out with a handle that was even double the price of gomexus I would support them, simply based on the fact that it was their original design and their background in the swimbait community, but its not. If you're in the position to support DRT feel free to do so, but nobody should feel bad for turning their back on a product that doesn't come with a justifiable price tag.

I may be a bit biased on this but your statement about the Swimbait Community supporting small business is true, it just doesn’t apply to this case. Tons of great bait makers and small business allow this community to thrive. 

DRT is a small family owned business contrary to what most here think. Don’t know a thing about Gomexus but I assume they’re not a small mom n pop shop. They’ve copied someone else’s design and in the Swimbait Community I’ve been a part of for a long time knocking off someone else’s design whether it be bait, handle, rod or reel is not acceptable. Seems like there’s a new crop of people that are ok with it as they’re able to get items at a lower price or they’re more readily available. 

At the end of the day there are plenty of handle options out there. Grab a hawg tech or one of the many readily available longer handles just stop supporting knockoffs.