Tiny Klash Tuning

Jim137a

Went to a pond today to try and learn more of the TK modes so I decided to follow the advice of other members on the forum - mostly @Mossypumpkin - and add some weight to the TK using suspends strips and some golfers tape on the hook shanks. 

Lip out and V-tail with some added weight produced some really nice action. 

I managed  to land a few pickerel while playing around - now I just have to find some willing bass. 

D94CF262-9025-4136-8362-2F4DB1C05F2F.jpeg

73B93CE5-3DA7-4061-B102-5E76033C1C6B.jpeg

317FE99E-3FA4-443E-91FC-16AF0CA8C184.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Mossypumpkin said:

Nice work. Hoping for one more weekend before ice here. But I’m not desperate enough for a pickerel yet lol

Ha - desperate -but  NJ is such a desperate state………I take what I can get.  Lol. 

Seriously I learned from your posts on the TK - appreciate the knowledge.  

4 hours ago, Gtraawwr said:

Why the tape? Just curious, I use weights as well

The tape is a product called “ Storm SuspenStrips “. - it’s a weighted tape. It allows you to quickly add or remove weight as needed.  

2 hours ago, NEbucketmouth19 said:

Nice! I tried tuning one of mine at home a couple weeks ago. I think I got it dialed in for the cold water I'm hoping to put it to the test this weekend. 

If you don’t mind sharing what did you do to tune it. 

10 hours ago, Jim137a said:

If you don’t mind sharing what did you do to tune it. 

I got a container and filled it with cold water, then took lead wire and hung an equal length from both hooks and cut the wire shorter until it suspended. This is with stock hardware. Then once I took the lead wire and wrapped it around the shank of the hooks and covered it in shrink wrap tubing to contain the wire. 

My goal was to get it close enough with just the hooks so that I could fine tune it with just one suspendot if needed. 

On my other one I want to play around with upsizing the front hook and then going bigger on the split rings to reduce the amount of lead needed, and maybe adding some feathers on the trebles to hide the shrink wrap a bit. 

If I get it really dialed in on the second one I'll probably make a more detailed post on what I did.

2 hours ago, NEbucketmouth19 said:

I got a container and filled it with cold water, then took lead wire and hung an equal length from both hooks and cut the wire shorter until it suspended. This is with stock hardware. Then once I took the lead wire and wrapped it around the shank of the hooks and covered it in shrink wrap tubing to contain the wire. 

My goal was to get it close enough with just the hooks so that I could fine tune it with just one suspendot if needed. 

On my other one I want to play around with upsizing the front hook and then going bigger on the split rings to reduce the amount of lead needed, and maybe adding some feathers on the trebles to hide the shrink wrap a bit. 

If I get it really dialed in on the second one I'll probably make a more detailed post on what I did.

Thanks for taking the time to share.  I’ll be looking for updates.  

Are you fishing with lip in or out ?

What tail standard or v tail ?

For certain conditions I’m liking a little added weight to the hook shanks and 2 suspends strips - v tail and lip out. 

22 minutes ago, Jim137a said:

Thanks for taking the time to share.  I’ll be looking for updates.  

Are you fishing with lip in or out ?

What tail standard or v tail ?

For certain conditions I’m liking a little added weight to the hook shanks and 2 suspends strips - v tail and lip out. 

I'm still playing around with lip and tail combos. I kinda like it stock but I'm gonna put more time in with the vtail lipless combo.