DRT x WCZ Klash 9 Drop Top of the Hr.

iFishLA

4 minutes ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

Nope all is well my man . sorry if i cane off bad as well js best way to secure a bait you really want is to say nothing at all to the masses ahaha

For sure... Your right, but I think I suffer from split personality! Lol.. Part of me knows that, but the other part of me has OCD and this is the only way I win days on Swimbait Underground to be honest. I swear it’s an OCD thing. I like to collect things, including won days on SU and my DRT posts are the only days I have won! LMAO.. I need to have some self control. I need some medication... LOL!!  Nah, but for real it’s jokes, but I have to laugh because it’s the truth. 

Edited by iFishLA

Out of curiosity: 

- the DRT baits are just injection molded stuff

- They get their asking price in seconds for any small amount of baits they drop or distribute

- they’ve been popular for quite some time now that way

- a lot of people seem to really like using them

sooooo, why don’t they ramp up production and make more?

people say things like “they keep demand low so prices can be high”. Doesn’t make sense to me since flippers are the ones getting the high prices. Seems like DRT could charge more $$ per bait and/or pump more baits out (they aren’t hand made) and then everyone would be happy and Mr DRT would have even more money in the bank.

not knocking them at all, it’s their business and I’m sure they’re doing fine, just doesn’t make sense to me. 

43 minutes ago, Bass_blaster said:

Out of curiosity: 

- the DRT baits are just injection molded stuff

- They get their asking price in seconds for any small amount of baits they drop or distribute

- they’ve been popular for quite some time now that way

- a lot of people seem to really like using them

sooooo, why don’t they ramp up production and make more?

people say things like “they keep demand low so prices can be high”. Doesn’t make sense to me since flippers are the ones getting the high prices. Seems like DRT could charge more $$ per bait and/or pump more baits out (they aren’t hand made) and then everyone would be happy and Mr DRT would have even more money in the bank.

not knocking them at all, it’s their business and I’m sure they’re doing fine, just doesn’t make sense to me. 

I think it comes down to maintaining brand perception. Artificially limiting the supply leads to the consumer thinking the product is more special than it really is. If baits were constantly sitting on the site there wouldn't be the same allure. Same thing happens with brands like Supreme or Jordan.  Most of the sneaker enthusiasts don't want a Jordan shoe that you can just walk into foot locker and buy off the shelf. Plus retail price for DRT baits is already high as is.

5 minutes ago, aholodnick said:

I think it comes down to maintaining brand perception. Artificially limiting the supply leads to the consumer thinking the product is more special than it really is. If baits were constantly sitting on the site there wouldn't be the same allure. Same thing happens with brands like Supreme or Jordan.  Most of the sneaker enthusiasts don't want a Jordan shoe that you can just walk into foot locker and buy off the shelf. Plus retail price for DRT baits is already high as is.

Your 100% accurate! Nobody wants the baits you can get ahold of anytime they want. It’s crazy, but that’s how this swimbait thing works. Just about how everything works nowadays. Drops on clothes, shoes, video game systems.. It’s ridiculous. 

They've "ramped up production" huge this year, when they load the sight there has to be atleast a 100 lures on it each time, They've dropped something atleast once month usually for months on end, and also distribute to other countries besides us and Japan.

Also the lures come from japan, having a single lure shipped privately cost like 20$ i can't imagine how much it cost to ship the amount they do which hinders distribution. So I don't think it matters how many they make the issue of not everyone getting one when they release beccause they sell out instantly would still happen and people would still complain.