250 Slide Swimmmer

BHud4

I like to mess around to see what works. This is an EXTREMELY versatile bait. I had no idea of its capability until I got my own in the water. Its incredible. My personal favorite retrieve is all with the reel. Get it going in a rhythm, back and forth, with one full turn of the reel and a pause. Its a nice slow snapping motion back and forth.

As stated before, you have to find what the fish are wanting.

Another retrieve I like is to extend a loooooong wide s curve. You can do it with a low speed reel and pause with a pull on the rod. Reel to get it to turn pause and pull the rod about 6 inches and stop, it will move like 3 feet to one side, then reel again, pull 6 inches and it goes the other way 3 feet. Its an awesome lost trout type of look.

This bait NEVER loses its fishability, even at like a full out burn with the trolling motor on high. its pretty impressive. In contrast, a super super super super slow retrieve is so beautiful looking as well. It has a tight wobbley s curve that I think will really make fish take a look.

I like to mess around to see what works. This is an EXTREMELY versatile bait. I had no idea of its capability until I got my own in the water. Its incredible. My personal favorite retrieve is all with the reel. Get it going in a rhythm, back and forth, with one full turn of the reel and a pause. Its a nice slow snapping motion back and forth.

As stated before, you have to find what the fish are wanting.

Another retrieve I like is to extend a loooooong wide s curve. You can do it with a low speed reel and pause with a pull on the rod. Reel to get it to turn pause and pull the rod about 6 inches and stop, it will move like 3 feet to one side, then reel again, pull 6 inches and it goes the other way 3 feet. Its an awesome lost trout type of look.

This bait NEVER loses its fishability, even at like a full out burn with the trolling motor on high. its pretty impressive. In contrast, a super super super super slow retrieve is so beautiful looking as well. It has a tight wobbley s curve that I think will really make fish take a look.

Thanks man i appeciate your insight and will have to try out your theorys once i get my bait..could be awhile japan is not very close.. 16-32 days was the estimated shipping time :(

Thanks man i appeciate your insight and will have to try out your theorys once i get my bait..could be awhile japan is not very close.. 16-32 days was the estimated shipping time :(

They told me 10-30 days, got it in 3 :D Ordered Sunday night and it was in my mailbox Wednesday afternoon. Talk about surprised :o

• 2 weeks later...

The 250 is definitely a fun bait to fish, but it can also be very, very frustrating to fish. I have had mine for about a month now.

So far I have only caught three fish on it (all between 3-4 pounds), but I have had, literally, hundreds of bass follow it. Hundreds. Yesterday was my best day yet in terms of follows- at least 100. And at times I had up to five fish in the 2-5 pound class behind it. No giants yesterday, with the biggest around eight pounds following my bait.

Two weeks ago I had a fish in the 10-12 pound class that followed the bait to within two feet of the boat. She was inches off the tail of the bait, but would not commit.

I've tried everything to get the fish to react to it. Faster, slower, pauses, pumping it to get a wide glide, and adding scent. They all seem to produce follows, but just aren't quite ready to react to it.

I am throwing the bait on 25 pound Big Game. Thinking of downsizing line a bit and/or trying fluorocarbon. Fluorocarbon and giant swimbaits makes me nervous...

Any suggestions?

And I will agree that the bait IS versatile and if I can unlock the key to getting the reaction with it I should have a VERY powerful tool. The fish are straight up interested in it.

• 4 weeks later...