DC Chaos

carsonp860

If politics are gonna piss you off, stay away. I could be breaking an unwritten rule here, and if so I apologize. I didn't find anything in the guidelines  regarding political discussion, and felt like the downtime part was the only appropriate place to put this. That being said....

Not trying to start any controversial arguments here, but I've just got more than a handful of political questions. Regardless of who you were rooting for in november, I'm interested to hear your guys take on the ish going down in washington. It's pretty easy to tell that the biden side is clearly against it, but for the Trump guys on here, where should the line be drawn? Supporting him with a level head and a decent reason is fine, which is the way it should be for any candidate. I guess what I'm sayin is where should the line be drawn?

Because it feels like theres a solid difference between us more moderate guys and this fine gentleman: GettyImages-1230454190.jpg?w=2560&h=1440

There are obviously some extremes to the situation, if it bothers you I'd encourage you not to partake. Again, I apologize if I'm violating some sort of rule, but I'm genuinely curious

Absolutely a ridiculous reaction. Just some background i am a centrist and I am majoring in political sciences. Even if you believed the election was “stolen” this isn’t the right way to handle this. Embarrassment to America, especially people taking down our flag and replacing it with Trump flags. Don’t put a person over the entire country. Just my take on this. 

10 minutes ago, japanesebassman said:

Absolutely a ridiculous reaction. Just some background i am a centrist and I am majoring in political sciences. Even if you believed the election was “stolen” this isn’t the right way to handle this. Embarrassment to America, especially people taking down our flag and replacing it with Trump flags. Don’t put a person over the entire country. Just my take on this. 

Couldn't have said it better myself. It says a lot when the only other attacks on the capitol were from 9/11 and the war of 1812

I'm an independent. I didn't vote for Trump in either election, although to be honest part of me was excited to see what he could bring when he won in 2016. The divisive rhetoric of the past 4 year going both ways was sad to see. And to see it come to what we saw in DC....I have to be honest, was completely unsurprising to me. It didn't shock me in the least. The only reaction I had was sadness that this is where we are at as a country....and that in 20 years I'm going to have to give my kids context for the pictures they're seeing in their history textbook.  

Our politics have become more focused on party than ideology and it's sad. Whenever I hear someone talk about politics saying oh good this person won because they are part of X party. People should be put into office because of what they are going to do for the people that they represent and not because they are part of X party. Just my .02 but this was bound to happen, and the divisiveness seen in our politics over the past years has been leading up to this moment. Whether that is what was intended or not, that is what has happened, there is no going back. Now we have to see what happens from here, unfortunately it seems like this is just going to cause more of a divide, just as the BLM protests did. At what point are people going to realize that we are not each other's enemies

Never seen a poor politician, so needless to say the have no idea what we need or even care about what we need. If they did not see the DC incident coming they are too stupid or blind, it was everywhere on social media. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out these people are not done.

• 3 weeks later...