Striper on the glide

riosfishes

On 1/14/2021 at 5:08 AM, dominioncaster said:

Makes sense. I use a dropper and fly in front of baits for striper and thought you might be doing something similar but simpler. 

Very cool idea ill have to check that out 

On 1/14/2021 at 9:56 AM, Fishguru said:

Nice fish, what's the real durability on the sneaky pete? I'm in the same area as you and we get a lot of big fish, but i won't tolerate a lure failing and I've seen some mixed reviews on these. 

Plenty of 40-50lb+ striper have been hung on a sneaky pete, id say they are more than durable especially for the cost. 

17 hours ago, riosfishes said:

Plenty of 40-50lb+ striper have been hung on a sneaky pete, id say they are more than durable especially for the cost. 

I've heard some bad stories from credible people about the joint breaking.  Who knows how long and hard they fished the bait before that though.

5 hours ago, SacPig916 said:

I've heard some bad stories from credible people about the joint breaking.  Who knows how long and hard they fished the bait before that though.

I'm sure they have broken, just like resin or wood can and has aswell. I've had that same glide for almost over a year and no fails yet so I have no complaints. 

7 hours ago, riosfishes said:

I'm sure they have broken, just like resin or wood can and has aswell. I've had that same glide for almost over a year and no fails yet so I have no complaints. 

Good to hear some positives also, you kinda only hear the horror stories unfortunately.