Best Swimbait Kayak?

Jackon Gill

33B16B4D-0224-41D5-9815-63A86609B54B.thumb.jpeg.41ffd593648e93c7887886458445541a.jpeg+1 on the feel free lure.. I could only afford the paddle version at the time haven’t finished rigging it up completely how I want but I added an anchor wizard and it’s plenty stable enough to stand but I prefer the seat cuz it’s extremely comfortable and a pretty tall adjustment setting.. the way it’s designed water getting inside isn’t really an issue draining out of the scupper holes.. plenty spacious even in this 10 footer... it’s also not that heavy I can easily cartop it on a Toyota Camry  and store it in my apartment, and it’s got a built in wheel so you can roll it around . Overall very satisfied 

Check out the Jackson Bite Angler.  Super stable, perfect for standing and flipping or chucking big baits.  Tracks great and does not spin when I stand like some boats I have tried.  Only 75 lbs so I can throw it in the truck bed easily.  Also only $929.  Good luck man!

4 hours ago, Mossypumpkin said:

Don’t laugh, but I’m fishing out of the ozark pro angler 12(sun dolphin boss) and I absolutely love it! I built my own TM mount for about $23 and put on a 30lb minn Kota. I have a beefy 60ah vmaxx battery. I can stand and fish SUPER easy. I can do jumping jacks on the thing if I want. There’s so much room it’s absurd. I bring 7 rods and all the baits and gear I want. Has a very comfortable chair seat and dry storage. It paddles quite easily as well. My only big complaint of course is that it’s cheap plastic. I wore a hole in mine after just one season. Thinking of adding a gator guard to the bottom as a keel protector

Dude I wish I even had that thing. I'm working with a perception 9 footer, I'm not sure of the model, but it's pretty much an old swifty with a padded seat. Needless to say that thing is less than perfect. But it's damn stable when sitting down, in fact even after trying to flip it on purpose I couldn't until I stood up. But of course there's the problem, it's a sit-in kayak with practically no storage, I make it work but I really cannot wait to upgrade 

I also have a coosa hd. Great kayak, much faster paddle boat than the feelfree lure my buddy has. Very low draft in the water and stupid stable. I've gone down multiple small rapids standing on it without even remotely feeling unstable while fishing smallmouth on the Umpqua river. I really enjoy it.

That said, I would prefer a peddle kayak just for the sake of always having two hands on the rod and being able to control the kayak. But with the cost of a hobie, I would rather save a few more bucks and get a decent little bass boat.

23 hours ago, BoatSquirrel said:

Check out the Jackson Bite Angler.  Super stable, perfect for standing and flipping or chucking big baits.  Tracks great and does not spin when I stand like some boats I have tried.  Only 75 lbs so I can throw it in the truck bed easily.  Also only $929.  Good luck man!

I agree. It's going to be power pole compatible later this year too.

Factor in some extra money for a wide paddle. Real wide. Mine is 270cm and I'm only 5'9.

Jackson is also making a high/low seat kit for it this spring. (The low will be 7", high is closer to 10". Really excited for that.

It’s doesn’t really fit what you’re looking for in terms of size but I fish out of a Hobie Pro Angler 14. Got it as a consolation gift to myself when I sold my boat. I love it, especially once it’s in the water. Very nimble and fast for its size and great for standing in. They make a 12 footer that might be closer to what you want in terms of size and being able to stand, except it’s a peddle. 

It isn’t the Riot Mako 10, I am not happy with their customer support at all! Hung me out to dry after the steering broke within 5 trips. I would rate the kayak layout 5/10 but it’s the cheapest pedal drive out there. You get what you pay for, I’m ok with that as this is just for fun. If I really want to fish, I fish out of a boat!

333CD71D-0D9F-4B15-8310-1130254072A7.png

4BA2FF52-CFE5-4F48-823B-B21805B75C16.png

Edited by Csweitzer

with kayaks there's a trade off with stability. more stability=longer, wider, heavier and more expensive kayak for most manufacturers.

my recommendation is to go to a local dealer and demo a few. I use a Hobie Compass for fishing in rivers with fast current/shoals and a Hobie Pro Angler 12 for lakes. both kayaks have their trade offs. if you plan on fishing in both kinds of waters look for a more versatile kayak. 

good luck finding one you like!

Had a 10ft Jackson Cruise paddle yak, it was around 32" wide and can be purchased for $900. Stable enough to stand and cast, but a little slow. Recently  just upgraded to a Old Town 106 Sportsman pdl!! ($1999) It's a World of difference going from paddle to peddle!!!!! There's no regret, with the 106 You get Better stability, it's 36" wide, free hands to fish, instant reverse/forward, and overall just more enjoyable cause I can cover more ground and fish more. I can average around 3mph pedaling comfortably.  If you can afford it pedal is the way to go!!!! 

IMG_20210206_070217.jpg