Bait drops

SacPig916

1 minute ago, SacPig916 said:

Truth

It was never about entitlement or special attention.  How would you feel if one of the bait makers are giving them to friends to flip for a cut of the price, or doing it themselves under aliases?  Otherwise I agree with everything else.

Everything you said is true. Some bait marker flip their own baits under their own name, other give to their cousin to sell at high prices...all true.

It will not stop so do not worry about it.

Back before swimbaiting wasnt cool, you got baits when, you showed the fish....period.

Everything is cyclical. When I first got on here a deps 250 was about $400 and a Nez rat was $200. 9" Slammers were $30. The other day I bought a foam 250 for $100 and a nez for $80 and see slammers everyday for $100. 2 years ago tackle warehouse had drt in stock all the time. 10 years ago deps 250 were selling for $60. And in another couple years you'll be able to get an illude for retail. 

52 minutes ago, Take My Money said:

Yeah we are excited that the 5 baits that were available got scooped up. I’m sure the bait maker will be happy to see 4 of them stored in the original boxes never to have touched water.

I don't waste my time trying for drops, It gives me more time to fish. My baits get fished.  

I just wish bait makers charged more. If the baits sell out in 10 seconds it’s because they’re not charging enough. I’m not trying to be the guy giving everyone an economics lecture but increasing the price DRAMATICALLY does two things. It kills flipping and gets whatever bait into the hands of those who REALLY want it. I don’t remember seeing anyone talking about this with the 316 gill glides because at $350 a piece guys who really wanted them got them. And yes I did boohoo about the illude drop. $115 for one of the “Hottest” baits right now is retarded. Ole buddy should be selling them for WAY more.

Ive seen this in a few comments. There is a rush for sure when you hit a drop. I was able to score on the yuniqe perch and the hawghunter. I did miss out on the fmtc shooter shad and the fish30acre 5 in glide. But i think its fun. Kind of a game. You cant win them all.

14 hours ago, Desma said:

There’s hard working guys out there putting 60+ hours on the clock , week after week, waiting for a weekend to go fish and they can’t even get their hands on baits they like because you pull some ish like bad news bass did with illude !! Hahahaha "Not Allowed" em !

I clock hours like that in a high stress job.  When I get a couple days off I can wait to get my hands on my girl and big bass.  I don’t Wast time or energy worrying about what baits I couldn’t get.  

I wish one of these Illude rats hit the black market yesterday.....heads would be exploding lol.  

If anyone wants to be disrespected from a bait drop, I plan to be very  disrespectful very soon. 

Lists and preorders used to work but they don’t anymore. I spent more time giving updates/ etas than I did actually focusing on baits which caused even more delays. Drops work because the baits are done and gone.

what works for me may not work for you. You will learn that someday or just be stubborn in your ways.  I cannot please every customer and if you get big mad because you missed a drop then you should analyze what’s really important. 

If a person wants to flip or waffle a bait after they bought it from me what can I do? It’s their bait. Should I charge more because of flipping? No. I feel fairly priced for my time and I’m farrrrr too busy to have a fake name to flip my own baits. I’d just flip it out in the open and give another reason for the haters to hate.

16 hours ago, pizz said:

If anyone wants to be disrespected from a bait drop, I plan to be very  disrespectful very soon. 

Lists and preorders used to work but they don’t anymore. I spent more time giving updates/ etas than I did actually focusing on baits which caused even more delays. Drops work because the baits are done and gone.

what works for me may not work for you. You will learn that someday or just be stubborn in your ways.  I cannot please every customer and if you get big mad because you missed a drop then you should analyze what’s really important. 

If a person wants to flip or waffle a bait after they bought it from me what can I do? It’s their bait. Should I charge more because of flipping? No. I feel fairly priced for my time and I’m farrrrr too busy to have a fake name to flip my own baits. I’d just flip it out in the open and give another reason for the haters to hate.

Mic drop :lol:

1 hour ago, Take My Money said:

How so? Looks like he’s just another builder happy to sell his action figures with hooks

Oh I don’t know, maybe because after all that back and forth, it took 16+ hours for the next snide remark aimed towards bait makers. Can you expand on your comment? This thread is mildly entertaining but mostly embarrassing. Please, by all means keep it going. There’s a lot of whining backed up with vague accusations and no real facts other than that the OP is upset and disrespected by the process. I’ll admit, I was annoyed with the process of getting certain baits at first but with a little patience and persistence you can get any bait you want here without getting taken to the cleaners.  

Can someone explain how one feels disrespected by not hitting on a drop? Not really understanding ones thought process by saying they feel disrespected if they’re unsuccessful on a drop. Last I checked it was first come first serve unless of course bots/auto checkout scripts from the sneaker world made it over to the swimbait world. Also by saying bait makers just give these out to friends/family on the side is quite ignorant with no factual proof. Sounds like a bunch of salty dudes crying over a Gas Rat jesus.

On 2/12/2021 at 11:26 PM, SacPig916 said:

I'm not arguing that people making money from their passion is bad. The process of how they are doing it is. One of the more well thought posts though.

You should design a bait that sells out in seconds and show everyone how it’s done. Cart jacked? This is the dumbest phrase i’ve heard while being a part of this forum. If being cart jacked is a problem to anyone then it’s a pretty stupid problem to have. Try searching for a used slammer or a nez, they get “smashed” on.

Edited by 365swimbait