Need rod for battle shad

TexasRiggedWorm

Anybody know a rod for the 7.5 battle shad and 8” magdraft. I’ve been looking for a phenix smx 7’11 mh but I can’t find them anywhere. So I need help finding a rod for these baits. I prefer a rod that is pretty stiff and extra fast action. I’m trying to stay below $200 for the rod  I have an okuma Citrix 7’11h but it’s not stiff enough for me and I have an okuma guide select swim baits series rod XH I like how stiff that rod is but it just feels to thick for the battle shad. Just let me know what y’all think would be a good rod.

55 minutes ago, TexasRiggedWorm said:

Anybody know a rod for the 7.5 battle shad and 8” magdraft. I’ve been looking for a phenix smx 7’11 mh but I can’t find them anywhere. So I need help finding a rod for these baits. I prefer a rod that is pretty stiff and extra fast action. I’m trying to stay below $200 for the rod  I have an okuma Citrix 7’11h but it’s not stiff enough for me and I have an okuma guide select swim baits series rod XH I like how stiff that rod is but it just feels to thick for the battle shad. Just let me know what y’all think would be a good rod.

Check out the dobyns lineup.  You need to decide if you want trebles or a jig style hook though, as they both have different actions.

Dobyns 795SB either the fury if you’re on a budget or the champion series if you’re ballin.   They are both great rods and will fit your application.   I own two champions and one fury.   Love em all.   The Fury is definitely a dope rod for the price.  

Edited by 185vsfrog

Phenix m1 inshore 1-3oz. Says inshore but who cares. perfect for softbaits and weedless under 4oz. Irod xl swim is another good option (very fast taper) or something with a little more tip but also not a pool noodle is the Bailey swim.

For a production rod, I love the Phenix M1 Swimbait Casting Rod 8' Heavy for a higher-end feel. Or the Daiwa DX Swimbait Casting Rod 8' Hvy/Fast for a more budget friendly option. 

For a custom rod, I love the MOAM 5150 sticks Lunatic. You can get it in a "jig hook" build specific to soft baits. 

I like sturdy fast taper rods for soft baits to give them a strong backbone to set the hook with.