HawgHunter vs hudd

Rbday1989

I have two 8 inch hudd swimbaits I know they have caught good bass for years look at Butch Brown but I haven’t had any luck but I can say I haven’t fished them like I do my glides and other swimbaits! Just curious on y’all’s opinion on if the Hawg Hunter is worth the money and have y’all had more success on it then a hudd! I’ve been looking at the HawgHunter and it looks amazing just want to see some other options on them! 

I think they are great baits. Cost is always debatable, but it is what it is. I really like the adjustable weight in his newer minnow X bait. The magnum is a proven bait and seems to be a bait that draws in big fish. To me they are very similar baits, just different sizes and the hawghunter has some more details. I'd love to see him work in the adjustable weight into the magnum also. I have no experience with his largest bait. 

11 minutes ago, Rbday1989 said:

Thanks both them fish are studs that what’s the weight on the first one wow lol 

Just over 6lbs. They were both on the same spot too, one was a summer fish and one was a winter fish after the trout plants!

3 minutes ago, Csweitzer said:

Just over 6lbs. They were both on the same spot too, one was a summer fish and one was a winter fish after the trout plants!

thats crazy man i would have thought that fish was bigger than 6lbs... both are nice fish tho.. i just havent really commited to the soft baits even during the winter months on the lakes i fish around here that are stocked with trout i havent had alot of luck with a soft bait but i want that to change! do you throw soft baits alot when the water temps get up in the 70's?

20 minutes ago, Rbday1989 said:

thats crazy man i would have thought that fish was bigger than 6lbs... both are nice fish tho.. i just havent really commited to the soft baits even during the winter months on the lakes i fish around here that are stocked with trout i havent had alot of luck with a soft bait but i want that to change! do you throw soft baits alot when the water temps get up in the 70's?

I’ll throw the year round, but I change the depth depending on where the trout are.

I don’t have any Hawg Hunters, but they look sick. I also think they are overpriced too. I own a crap load of Hudds and in my opinion they are the original, perfect Softbaits and reasonably priced too! I have caught more Swimbait fish on Hudds than any other Soft Swimbait and 3:16 Rising Sons as well. My soft bait box consists mostly of Hudds and 3:16’s with a few Beast Coast Creeps, Burritos, Yuniques, and Megabass MagDraft Freestyles. I do want some of the Hawg Hunter Shiners, but am thoroughly satisfied with my Hudds and 3:16’s and the other few I mentioned. 

On 2/24/2021 at 12:00 PM, Csweitzer said:

Same as a Lamborghini vs Ford debate, the Hudd is an old standby that gets bit, but the Hawghunter is the best of the best in the softbait category. You have to weigh the cost vs benefits. I throw both.  

13BF2B6C-27A7-4EF2-82AD-36AA9F3B953A.jpeg

2DADF1C2-912F-4FA2-81F2-C4998CC335BC.jpeg

Nice catches! But it would be like comparing Chevy to Ford. Chevy being the better brand, I would give that title to the Hudds. I’m a Chevy guy and to me Hudds are the Chevy of all soft Swimbaits. Most of these highly sought after baits are mostly hype. I don’t buy into the hype. I buy into what I’ve tried and has caught fish. But everybody has their own opinion. I just think the Hawg Hunters are mostly hype..

Edited by iFishLA

4 hours ago, iFishLA said:

Nice catches! But it would be like comparing Chevy to Ford. Chevy being the better brand, I would give that title to the Hudds. I’m a Chevy guy and to me Hudds are the Chevy of all soft Swimbaits. Most of these highly sought after baits are mostly hype. I don’t buy into the hype. I buy into what I’ve tried and has caught fish. But everybody has their own opinion. I just think the Hawg Hunters are mostly hype..

After a few hundred hours on both and more than a couple DDs on only one, I hope people keep believing that! 

6 hours ago, iFishLA said:

You think a Hawg hunter is mostly hype? Lmao

Hawghunters are just hype. Don't buy them if you have any throw them away lol.. seriously tho, after fishing the hawghunter (a long time ago when they were called baitsmith) I don't mind paying the price for them. Both have their time and place. If you can get both. Use both.