8" Rising Son Top Hook Winter Time?

CrankinBass

My rule of thumb is bootails bait 55. Degree water and up wedge tail 55 and below, there is some small exceptions ill decline to elaborate on but that's the general guideline I follow

You'll decline to elaborate? But why? Just because you know that 3 h north of you I've got the recorder going to find out all I can? :D

I'm going to try the RS next week if I can parlay my kid time this weekend into brownie points with the missus next week.

My rule of thumb is bootails bait 55. Degree water and up wedge tail 55 and below, there is some small exceptions ill decline to elaborate on but that's the general guideline I follow

You'll decline to elaborate? But why? Just because you know that 3 h north of you I've got the recorder going to find out all I can? :D

I'm going to try the RS next week if I can parlay my kid time this weekend into brownie points with the missus next week.

:lol:8-)

The fish are still sleeping Chris

.. http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q63 ... 2d4b1a.jpg

Come on down,its sloow but I got lucky

If you aren't familiar with the rising sons, I would highly recomend starting with the 6.5" bait. Especially in winter. It fishes a lot "bigger" than other baits in it's size or class.

#1 fish geter for me at times. Excels in rocky bottom bouncing situations. Especially if you evolve to fishing a braid leader set up! :P

If you aren't familiar with the rising sons, I would highly recomend starting with the 6.5" bait. Especially in winter. It fishes a lot "bigger" than other baits in it's size or class.

#1 fish geter for me at times. Excels in rocky bottom bouncing situations. Especially if you evolve to fishing a braid leader set up! :P

I fish with braid 100% of the time. I only use a leader for a little stretch, here in Ga there are not a lot of gin clear water.

The leader has a other added benefits... If you are fishing an extremely rocky bottom, say like the volcanic craggy rocks of Clear lake, your bait will constantly hang up. With the braid and leader you can learn to pop it out of the rocks with ease. It is not easy at all to pop it out with out a leader. I will get hung up 3-4 times on every cast on some places, but not have to go in there and retrieve my bait. It is not possible to do this with mono either, although I have not tried it with "PF" yet :lol:

In these jagged rocks, the leader also has more abrasion resistance and does not get cut off like straight braid does.

If you are not fishing rocks than this info may have no use to you!