Review Request: Hiro Godzilla

Lj17luke

I am thinking about picking one of these baits up. The lakes around me got the size of gills to match the size. If anyone has any experience good, bad, or other with this bait it would be very appreciated.

Edited by Lj17luke

29 minutes ago, SVT THUNDER said:

I’ve wanted one for years. I pre ordered one. Here’s a swim video of the Godzilla and a Toxic and one of Matt’s Hardgills. Swim is awesome. 

I’m thinking about doing the same I’m just worried about the hook up percentage with a bait being that thick.

1 hour ago, Lj17luke said:

I’m thinking about doing the same I’m just worried about the hook up percentage with a bait being that thick.

I’ve got baits that are thicker. Zero issues. The size bass I’ve caught on huge profile baits have no problems eating them. Usually head first. 

On 4/17/2021 at 8:30 AM, Lj17luke said:

In my experience the fish you miss with larger profile bluegill baits are usually smaller fish that are somewhat territorial and aggressive. The larger fish (5lbs and up) don’t have any kind of problem eating them. 

AB587736-16E9-4D98-8601-84C696247E0B.jpeg

DC7A7B84-EEF9-4F24-A12E-DEACB1ABBC2C.jpeg

On 4/17/2021 at 11:30 AM, Lj17luke said:

thanks for the link, i have two of them that are currently being repainted by click bait customs that im dying to get back and in the water. swim video looks real nice. chunky bait for sure 

2 hours ago, chefchris said:

thanks for the link, i have two of them that are currently being repainted by click bait customs that im dying to get back and in the water. swim video looks real nice. chunky bait for sure 

What colors you getting him to paint on them I can’t wait to see that lol 

22 hours ago, Rbday1989 said:

What colors you getting him to paint on them I can’t wait to see that lol 

well i found out today hes not going to paint them, long story short cause of the scale work hes worried about damaging them, so i guess ill fish em as is (hiro gill and crappie) super bummed cause his paint work is sick 

22 minutes ago, chefchris said:

well i found out today hes not going to paint them, long story short cause of the scale work hes worried about damaging them, so i guess ill fish em as is (hiro gill and crappie) super bummed cause his paint work is sick 

Dang man I hate that I was looking forward to seeing that... I’d like to see one of his crappie patterns on one of them! I got in on the preorder so I’m excited about getting my hands on one of them! I got a mothership and bubba so this will get me a big gill glide... 

1 hour ago, Rbday1989 said:

Dang man I hate that I was looking forward to seeing that... I’d like to see one of his crappie patterns on one of them! I got in on the preorder so I’m excited about getting my hands on one of them! I got a mothership and bubba so this will get me a big gill glide... 

this is my first time doing a preorder from him how long do they usually take?

15 minutes ago, Rbday1989 said:

Last time I did a preorder with him I wanna say it look like a month maybe? 4-5 weeks... was worth the wait he makes solid baits for sure... 

sounds good. I don’t mind the wait.

10 hours ago, Rbday1989 said:

What color did you get in the gill? I got a kill shot and summer gill... 

I got the Harumi for the little bit of purple on the top. The summer gill was a close second.

• 2 months later...