Cardiff question

Loganodum38

I have both the Calcutta B 400 and Corvalus 300, which I love both tremendously after a handle upgrade. I got a cardiff 400 some time back as a back up reel and found myself with an extra rod so I started throwing it. If you asked me to price them low to high I’d say cardiff corvalus calcutta. My cardiff backlashes terribly even with adjustment. Other wise you have to thumb the hell out of it and that kills your distance and sometimes still backlashes.  I hear tons of praise for this reel so maybe I just got a dud but as of right now I love the corvalus way more than the cardiff, Cast’s better, narrower, lighter, and somehow still cheaper. 

to everyone who loves the cardiff, thoughts? 

I used to fish a Cardiff 400 an only kept 2 breaks on. I tossed baits from 2 oz up to 6oz an never really back lashed.  Are the pads good? Make sure there isn't a build up of oil or grease on the inside where the pads touch. 

I would like to announce that after decades and decades of rigorous, hazardous and dangerous scientific studies spanning across the galaxy, i have concluded that the shimano cardiff does in fact have internal brakes.  

I never thought it had brakes only a tension knob, watched a video on youtube after you guys said you had brakes turned on, took the side plate off and wouldnt you know all of my brakes were off. 

1 hour ago, Loganodum38 said:

I would like to announce that after decades and decades of rigorous, hazardous and dangerous scientific studies spanning across the galaxy, i have concluded that the shimano cardiff does in fact have internal brakes.  

I never thought it had brakes only a tension knob, watched a video on youtube after you guys said you had brakes turned on, took the side plate off and wouldnt you know all of my brakes were off. 

excited to see these findings formally published