K9 cast to catch - the hard way

swimbaitrookie

@FishDr - Thanks! 

I wore a PFD 100% of the time on my bass boat and sure as hell will on the yak.  The boogeyman doesn't always give you any warning, as evidenced in my video.

When I started yak fishing I didn't want to use tethers or the floaties strapped on the rods but saw an idea for using pool noodles with a slit cut lengthwise.  Easy on when stored - easy off when fishing!  And they work too - dropped one LDC/Ryoga overboard and it bobbed long enough to recover!  Baits are all in wraps stored in a watertight bag or in the SPBT packs and all are tethered to the yak.

I have no idea what compelled me to hang onto the rod - it never occurred to me to let go either!  Only when I stood up did I realize, oh yeah - I've got a fish!  That poor fish must've thought "what the hell - this dude is nutz!!!"

Good idea on the transducer arm but I wasn't a huge fan of the design and did some redneck engineering with a couple of 1" ram balls and a double ram yoke - made it sturdier.