Monka Eaters

chefchris

Got out this past Sunday for some much needed head clearing time, some of you guys may know why. 

Hit the water around 5am, plan was to put some real time in with the new monka crawler cause of @Harshwaters success with his and our conversations. Thanks again man for all the tuning help and input on the bait, definitely not an easy bait to learn/tune

Got my first fish off a weed edge, small 2.5lber at 530AM, super overcast, and sun trying to come up.  

Moved around for a while with no other luck, thru the ghost and other baits along deeper points

Then made my way into a protected cove and made a well placed cast behind this big lay down, a couple cranks and this fish slurped it right down, got to watch the fish come out from under the log and smash it, went 4Lbs even, that was 815AM, full sun/clouds. 

Monka1.thumb.png.f3e853a44b5f71b13f55c013e22ae12a.pngMonka2.thumb.jpg.41c3792c90b4ff0f353ec1b56d5b4a8c.jpg

Then another hour of casting and throwing some other baits, really trying to get a ghost eater. 

Came up on this point that had fresh lily pads coming up right near deeper water (5ft) and made a cast in between the pads and another fish that went 4Lbs even came out and crushed the bait very aggressively. This was at 930AM, full sun at this point. 

Monka3.thumb.png.d8e9dfccdc0adb5fcace041cfe816092.pngMonka4.thumb.jpg.e6926a4f216c17ec243cde153ad00a2e.jpg

tried a few more points with similar structure but no luck. 

successful 2nd trip to this body of water, 1st trip was a skunking so was nice to put the pieces together on the 2nd trip. Looking forward to trying to find the big girls as I know this body was water has put out a few 8s, 7s and a bunch of 6s and 5s. 

I had the insta360 camera set up for cast to catch and had it off for both of these fish, maybe next time!!