Missing bait

ktm858

Hey guys I need some advice please. Last month I purchased a bait from a reputable member and was supposed to be delivered to my house on the 22 of April. Still hasn't showed up. I called USPS several times and nothing, just says it's in transit. I spent 150 on the bait and the seller on insured it for 50 dollars. What can I do ? Has this ever happened to anyone ? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you SU

If it still says it's in transit just wait. USPS is still funky right now.  But it is worrisome at this point since its almost a whole month. 

If it indeed got lost, I personally would split the lost with u if I'm the seller. So at $150 I'd send u $75.  But that's just me. 

But if u guys split the loss, and u got $75 and the bait shows up, u need to send him $75. 

In a perfect world and everyone's honest and there's no foul play, that's what I'd do and move on.  That's my 2 cents. Hope it works out for u both. Maybe next time ask seller to insure the bait for the amount that u paid for the bait even if u pay the insurance yourself. At $150, insurance is only a 3 or 4 bucks extra.  I've never had an issue of a lost package but I insure everything now.

Edited by SumoNinja

I personally would wait on it a bit. Maybe stop at your local post office and see if they can track it down for you. Mine is very helpful that way. The mail has definitely been screwy last few months. 
BTW every package is automatically

insured for $50  at no extra charge.

The seller is responsible for getting the package to you. If it doesn't get there, they owe you a refund.

When was the last scan? If it hasn't moved in 2+ weeks it's probably lost for good. If it's getting scanned, just wait it out.

Thank you for the advice guys. Guess I'll play the waiting game and see what happens. I definitely would have insured the bait full value so people wouldn't get screwed. More than likely it's lost but hopefully SU members can learn from this experience. Really good people on this site, appreciate your thoughts. Freakn post office can suck my ass ! Thank you SU

I’ve been down this road. Not with a bait but with something much more expensive. USPS was absolutely zero help. Two weeks and no movement once it reached another USPS facility and left. So I contacted the seller to ask what he saw on his end via tracking. Same thing. We both called USPS and got different answers. But both were basically telling us were SOL. I didn’t ask for anything. But the seller contacted me and said he’d sent another package via UPS. I was in shock. But two days later I had the item at my door. So I thanked him more times than I can recall. 

So I was happy. One day about 2 1/2 months later, I get a doorbell motion alert. I saw our USPS lady leaving a package at the door. No biggie. Wife probably ordered something. I get home and forgot about it. Wife comes home from work that evening and asks what’s on the porch. I said they delivered whatever she ordered and I forgot. She looked puzzled as I went to the door. I knew what it was as soon as I saw the box. It was my original item in a box with more tears and stickers than a sideshow suitcase. I opened it, all fine. Contacted the seller and I was astonished when he laughed and said just keep it. I Insisted on returning it but he wouldn’t let me. 

That said, If I’m shipping a bait to someone that’s over a certain price point, I always insure it at replacement value. I don’t ask the buyer to pick it up. I’m covering my own rear. 

Hey! Despite what is claimed on the *estimated cost of bait, you can demand full coverage of your shipment! It should be an easy small claims case if it is a huge loss to you. Hope you get the bait. I feel that by pressing USPS to backtrack your shipment so they find a physical location for it, you are reducing the chances of a lost package by increasing the days the package is in limbo and harder to track

my opinion

It's the Sellers responsibility to make sure the item arrives.  The $50 insurance is the default amount, meaning he didn't request and pay the extra few dollars to cover the transaction costs.  

I had a similar experience and sold a Nez rat that never arrived.  After many months, I did get the ripped cover of the shipping box in an envelope from USPS, with the statement that they would look for the contents.    I refunded the full amount to the Buyer once the box was two weeks late, , just as i would expect Amazon to do for me.

Go thru the USPS processes for Lost packages....DO NOT MISS ANY DEADLINES!!!!......they use a missed deadline as reason to close the work order. 

After everything i went thru, i got an email from USPS basically telling me that i didn't know how to ship packages.......but i used their own boxes, shipped thru customer counter, etc.

1 hour ago, DrewManFishing said:

This better now happen to me, I bought my first 250 about a week ago and I’ve saved for a long time for it. I’ll be so sad if it doesn’t show up

ish, who you telling. I got 2 custom rods coming from F5 being delivered by USPS and its making me quite nervous.

edit: not lost but delivered in pieces.

Edited by Jay.Domingo

Like others have said, call or do online with USPS and have them find a missing package routine. You can also call the last location were it was scanned.

If it is not insured for what you paid you can go through PayPal and get refunded with the reason of never received package.

i had this happen a couple months ago and it took right at about 5 weeks for the package to show up.  once i started the missing package claim process it magically got the item moving through the system again!!