new swimbait rod

Bucketmouth559

looking to upgrade my rod -gloomis e6x  2oz-6oz heavy 8ft-965c-...  my budget is around $600 not lookin for anything i have to wait months to get ,2 months time frame would be most im willing to wait ...   my reel for this new rod will be shimano conquest 301.   im looking at the new glooims imx pro 965swbr 2oz-6oz mh/f. but wanted advise before i purchase anything maybe someone knows of better rod ?? any information is welcome 

Well looks like mh/f means your probably don’t want a rod with a lot of parabolic bend. But if I’m mistaken then a great rod to look into is the MillerRods DreamFreak 710xh, great load up and launches a bait like the sly 9” a mile.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 6:42 PM, Bucketmouth559 said:

looking to upgrade my rod -gloomis e6x  2oz-6oz heavy 8ft-965c-...  my budget is around $600 not lookin for anything i have to wait months to get ,2 months time frame would be most im willing to wait ...   my reel for this new rod will be shimano conquest 301.   im looking at the new glooims imx pro 965swbr 2oz-6oz mh/f. but wanted advise before i purchase anything maybe someone knows of better rod ?? any information is welcome 

If your budget is 600$ I would have someone build you a rod. Plenty of great builders out there. I fished nothing but gloomis and phenix swimmer rods for years and years and finally ordered one built and after fishing it since the start of the year I would doubt I would buy another production rod. Check out palehorse customs he does great work and is awesome to work with especially if it’s your first time going through the process like it was mine last time he is currently building my second rod to match the one he built before

On 5/27/2021 at 8:42 PM, Bucketmouth559 said:

I have a 965c paired with a Calcutta Conquest 401 and love the set up for baits up to ~3.5 ounces - for my style of casting 4 ozs. Seems to be the limit on this rod. It launched TK’s and baits in that weight class for me - very parabolic - awesome rod for treble bait hooks. 

Any baits that I have over 3.5 ounces I throw on my dobyns 867.  

5E015D69-4D2F-45BA-9689-0CFE94CCA30B.jpeg