Anyone have a good jerkbait reel?

carsonp860

Check out the new Zillion SV TW 1000H on digitaka they are $326.24. If you sign up for an account at digitaka you get 2000 point which is roughly $10ish off and they ship fast to the US via FedEx. 

I was very impressed with the one I have. 1/4oz T-rig into the wind getting close to 40 yards or so. 

On 6/1/2021 at 6:40 PM, browniez said:

Stradic Ci4+ Jerkbaits fish far far better on a fairy stick in my opinion.

Ive been experimenting with this lately, I think theyre really fun to fish but the spinning gear isnt stiff enough for me. I go to twitch the bait and half the blank loads. i guess its  a sign i gotta find a stronger rod or ease up a little bit, but spinning gear is awesome for the small baits for sure

4 hours ago, carsonp860 said:

Ive been experimenting with this lately, I think theyre really fun to fish but the spinning gear isnt stiff enough for me. I go to twitch the bait and half the blank loads. i guess its  a sign i gotta find a stronger rod or ease up a little bit, but spinning gear is awesome for the small baits for sure

A lot of guys will say a medium taper 6’9” or something for a spinning setup for jerks. I run a E6X 7’1” MH. Braid also helps a lot. Once the line stretch is eliminated you can get away with more.

IMO the medium action on a spinning rod is usually alot deeper taper than a Medium on a casting rod. See what a MH does for it. Randy Blaukat is pretty much The Godfather of American jerkbait fishing and he only fishes spin on them.

I was a hardcore big jerkbait for big trout nerd before I found the swimbait a few years back.

Edited by browniez

On 6/1/2021 at 9:37 AM, jp_midwest said:

I don’t own it but it looks good but the chronarch mgl 

Or the tatula sv which is cheaper 

I don’t own any but just watching vids and all

Yep, cronarch. I have one it’s perfect and unbelievably light. Like, crazzzzyy light. But any shimano reel to be honest 

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2021 at 1:42 PM, LightsOutLitch said:

I would go curado 70 MGL for sure. It’s like 220, compact, fairly light. I have the old model and with 12 lb flouro it bombs. New one should be awesome.

Great reels. I've got 3 on Zodias rods and one's a 6'10" medium that's a designated JB slinger.