IzorlineXXX

LightsOutLitch

Who here has had experience with this line, I know Chris Purcell and others use it. Trying to find a go to line that I trust. I like mono but sometimes I feel like it is too much stretch, especially on long casts. I like flouro but the cost is tough sometimes. I like braid with or without a leader but not in all scenarios. I’ve heard this is a good inbetween. Higher quality than mono, but not as expensive as flouro. Let me know your thoughts.

I wish that line came in a 25pound. The 30 pound is to heavy for my little baits but the 20 is a little light for a 10inch magdraft. 

Edited by ZachThomas
Spelling

2 minutes ago, David Cindrich said:

I switched over to Izorline XXX  about 5 years ago. 15Lb for smaller baits and 20lb for everything up to the Deps 250. 

Have you throw a jig hook bait like hud or a battles Shad. And can you get good hook penetration? 

21 hours ago, ZachThomas said:

Have you throw a jig hook bait like hud or a battles Shad. And can you get good hook penetration? 

I throw the line for everything. Top hook soft baits, soft weedless baits and hard baits. Never had a problem with hook penetration.

3 minutes ago, LightsOutLitch said:

Would you say it has less stretch than mono?

Imo yeah definitely. I run 12lb for conventional, 20lb for the big stuff. Low memory, tough as hell, little stretch. Been my go to for line for years.

It's great line especially the 25lb. Very popular in California. I have been using this since the old triple fish camo  line was discontinued. This line might be the best for 8" hudds on a 400 sized reel. You may never snap off a bait ever again. Knock on wood. Do a quick search or my old album for some izorline fish. P line 20lb is also good for your 300 sized reels.

15 minutes ago, marc626 said:

It's great line especially the 25lb. Very popular in California. I have been using this since the old triple fish camo  line was discontinued. This line might be the best for 8" hudds on a 400 sized reel. You may never snap off a bait ever again. Knock on wood. Do a quick search or my old album for some izorline fish. P line 20lb is also good for your 300 sized reels.

What knot do you use for it? 

21 minutes ago, marc626 said:

Also would I be able to fit a lot of 20lb line on a 300 size reel? 

5 minutes ago, ZachThomas said:

Also would I be able to fit a lot of 20lb line on a 300 size reel? 

Plenty. Both my Lew's Super Duty and Tranx 300 hold more than enough.

I use this line from 15 lbs to 30 lbs depending on what rod it's on. Been using it for few yrs now. It's been good to me. Have not had a fish break me off, fingers crossed. May have casted off once or twice but I believe they were bad knots or a compromised spot on the line. 

I flipped two 8 lbers this year on the 15 lb line 

Used to use the uni knot but now everything is sd jam for all baits 6 oz and under or double sd jam for any bait over 6 oz. Don't plan on changing anything up because it's been working for me

Edited by SumoNinja