Does fluorocarbon become more visable with age?

mofish

• 10 years later...
6 minutes ago, Bassmann86 said:

If people wouldn’t comment on the 11 year old stuff he tries to bring back from the dead we wouldn’t need to call Constantine

But isn’t it more fun to contribute to the problem instead of the solution when there are laughs to be had?  

Couldn't find anything about fluorocarbon losing its invisibility factor with age/use/ any other factos. Im sure there are ways to ruin its invisibility,  but with the little looking i did no ones tested it. It takes 4,000 years to deteriorate in nature! Should be changed every 1 or 2 years, all depending on how old it is/how much its used. Fluro can sit in storage much longer then mono, up to 7 or 8 years in a place with stable temp. If you have worries of it being bad run your fingers across it to feel for bumps/cracks as it fractures and will break easier then mono. Fluro doesn't absorb water like mono, so It lasts longer that way as well.. 

6 hours ago, BPayne said:

But isn’t it more fun to contribute to the problem instead of the solution when there are laughs to be had?  

Wait so reviving old threads is a problem now?  Dude brought up an interesting point, but it can’t be revived because it’s an old post? Damn net bangers. 

I’ve honestly never kept fluorocarbon on long enough to even think about that aspect. I respool it often. I only use it for soft swimbaits. But I was snapping the line on hook sets. Started peeling about 25’ of line off the reel occasionally when fishing and found small nicks were often about 12-15’ up the line in front of the bait. That’s what was causing it. I fish a lot of heavy vegetation, stumps and rocks. Non issue since keeping it fresh. 

3 hours ago, Firebaiter said:

Wait so reviving old threads is a problem now?  Dude brought up an interesting point, but it can’t be revived because it’s an old post? Damn net bangers. 

I said no such thing.  Another commenter talked about how others responding was perpetuating what they perceived as an annoyance…I said it was fun to poke fun at the situation.  I couldn’t care less.  I’m just here for a good time!