The Next Hype Bait(s)

Bass_blaster

1 hour ago, chefchris said:

i got one of the  "sickles" i think its called, it floats which is a bummer, some heavier hooks and rings, still floats but will swim down on the retrieve 

I can’t speak for the Sickle yet but my Reaper and Harvester Shads are money. 
I do have a Sickle on the way so we’ll see.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

But I see you catchin dds on ufos? Why pass on a hype bait

Thats true and caugh some on other baits also.

Yes I have hype baits more then likely I have or had every bait out there.

The DDs were caught on the UFOs before the hype. Its a great bait along with all the other hype baits as of today.

I caught a ton of fish up to 8 pounds on the MrZorba baits should it be a hype bait?

What I was trying to say is dont get caught up in the hype, there are many other available baits out there that can be had and caught fish. Get those baits for now and believe me the hype will change.

A good swimbaiter should be able to catch a fish on any bait not just a hype bait. There is no difference between a hype glide or gill bait compared to a non hype glide or gill bait.

1 hour ago, azsouth said:

Quit worrying about the next hype bait and get some Technique!! for the baits you already have.

I don’t think anybody is worried about the hype baits. I just posed it as a question because I thought of it while bored at work. I have some UFOs that I’ll never let go of because they’re a confidence bait for me, same with Deps 250s and some other pretty standard stuff. Was more or less just a speculative question and kinda guess at the swimbait market. This is a discussion forum after all isn’t it?

If illude keeps doing the random drops like they been then HOPEFULLY the hype factor will were down . but seems like ufo have been in high demand lately. Being still fairly new to the swimbait game id love to know when some of these baits became"hype" and or why. seems like not to many even leave the package nowadays

15 hours ago, chefchris said:

If it swims like mine, I doubt it, so far not happy with how mine swims or lack thereof 

I'm surprised to hear it was disappointing. Their swim vids look pretty great.

5 hours ago, Jon P said:

I'm surprised to hear it was disappointing. Their swim vids look pretty great.

First trip with it using the medium tail was lame, bait just rolls, no tail kick, goes about 1-2” under the surface. 

going to try the other two tails, and maybe some weighted hooks or heavier hooks 

1 hour ago, chefchris said:

First trip with it using the medium tail was lame, bait just rolls, no tail kick, goes about 1-2” under the surface. 

going to try the other two tails, and maybe some weighted hooks or heavier hooks 

That's a bummer, I really like the concept of vectoring the fins against the angle of the bill.