Hinkle trick trout

mjaygrunt

15 hours ago, fishratt said:

What's the purpose. Triple trouts work fine:-D

Right!?! What's the purpose of any other swimmer. We can all just throw triple trouts and hammer giants all day. Why would anyone want to throw anything different?

Ok ill chime in since I have a little knowledge on the subject. The Trick trouts that are out now are mostly from a "silent" release. Basically friends, family, etc. The first official batch has not been shipped to my knowledge. I'm in on the first batch. 

I was able to aquire one through trade. I have taken it out for a test swim a couple times. Today I tossed it in water that was clear enough to see the bait. First impression of the bait is that fact that it looks awesome and very well made. The molded in hook hangars for one look cleaner than others I've seen. The joints are also some kind of flexible material which is unique. 

As far as action goes I thought it was very unique. On a slow steady retrieve it has a nice seductive and natural looking swim. The bait really turns into a "trick trout" with input from the reel. It can get pretty erratic. I did a 360 a couple times with mine and 180s with more ease. Quick handle turn and sudden pause it kinda shoots out and pauses like a glide. It doesn't want to fold up like most swimmers fo when you kill them. 

I think the bait will take some learning to figure out everything it's capable of and I didnt fish it long enough to REALLY learn the bait. I think the bait is super impressive and Andrew is an innovator of the game. When everyone else is doing one thing he goes another direction. Now if only his customer service was as good as his baits. LOL. 

On 6/23/2021 at 4:08 PM, SouthenSwimbait said:

Ok ill chime in since I have a little knowledge on the subject. The Trick trouts that are out now are mostly from a "silent" release. Basically friends, family, etc. The first official batch has not been shipped to my knowledge. I'm in on the first batch. 

I was able to aquire one through trade. I have taken it out for a test swim a couple times. Today I tossed it in water that was clear enough to see the bait. First impression of the bait is that fact that it looks awesome and very well made. The molded in hook hangars for one look cleaner than others I've seen. The joints are also some kind of flexible material which is unique. 

As far as action goes I thought it was very unique. On a slow steady retrieve it has a nice seductive and natural looking swim. The bait really turns into a "trick trout" with input from the reel. It can get pretty erratic. I did a 360 a couple times with mine and 180s with more ease. Quick handle turn and sudden pause it kinda shoots out and pauses like a glide. It doesn't want to fold up like most swimmers fo when you kill them. 

I think the bait will take some learning to figure out everything it's capable of and I didnt fish it long enough to REALLY learn the bait. I think the bait is super impressive and Andrew is an innovator of the game. When everyone else is doing one thing he goes another direction. Now if only his customer service was as good as his baits. LOL. 

Thanks for the info. I bought 2 of them and i’m check my email every single day hoping i get that magical tracking number.