Who is/are Pizz Co.?

jiggerjake

Like a lot of you I’ve been diligently try to score a Pizz.In my case a Shadley11 . I was just curious,is Pizz a one man operation or are there multiple people helping out with production? 
I’d love to see the day when they are readily available.Hell I’d like to see just 1 (Shadley)go up for sale here haha.

I know KGB has gone full time production and DRT seems to be releasing more TK’s & K9’s as of late.

as far what I see its just Paul and maybe the family helping out with shipping/packaging, i dont know if hes more active on FB/Swimbait Universe and post about help in the shop etc. 

hes always made great baits, i miss the days when i started (2014) when you could just message him with what you wanted and colors and you'd have em in a reasonable amount of time (much smaller bait selection then) plus he use to do repaints. 

hes built his business up over the years and has always had great customer service (only speaking about my dealings with him), his baits catch if you throw em. 

Paul makes the baits. He paints the baits. All in his garage in Cali which will slow down most any bait maker because of the heat and humidity. He runs an AC, but again...it’s a garage. Not gonna push that heat away. It took me years to get one. Literally. And none have came from drops. His baits catch fish hands down for those of us that fish them. Truly custom. And as @chefchris said, his customer service is above and beyond from my personal experience as well. I know a lot of the guys that make baits. They all have families and a life outside of making baits. Sometimes a lot of us forget this. Myself included. But the guy grinds on baits as much as possible from what I’ve seen. And even if someone helps with packaging and shipping (my wife’s helps me ship out my customers baits after paint) it’s still the least amount of effort that goes into making and painting baits. As of a week or so ago, he hasn’t even gotten to fish this year. His live videos on social media are very insightful. He has a proven line of baits in high demand. And if he catches anyone throwing his baits up on waffles, he will never sell to them again. He’s GTG in my book  

2 hours ago, jiggerjake said:

Thanks guys. Looks like I’m in for the long haul as far as getting one goes. 
I follow Pizz on FB and I don’t think I’ve ever caught hint of a bait drop.

Follow him on Instagram. He’s hinted that he may follow up with a drop in July on his last live video. 

For the record I know Paul had help during the pandemic from mark Nieman who makes chuckbaits. Mark works in the movie business so while things were slower for him at his day job, he spent a lot of time at Paul’s house helping him pour molds. I’m not sure if he helped paint as well but Mark’s baits are worth taking a look at as well.

It’s me by myself about 90% of the time. I have a friend that helps pour baits with me as needed. Family helps me with shipping and packaging apparel but as far as the prepping baits and painting, it’s just me. 

mark did help me during the pandemic because his regular job came to a halt but he’s been back to work and we only get together for garage chat every now and then. 

I’m more active on Instagram than Facebook but the two are tied together. The Facebook business app is terrible so I rarely go on it. 

I mean, you make baits the 31k people on facebook seem to want. It should be about you and your product imho. Don’t kill yourself over a few extra baits bro. Not worth it. The amount that’s out is plenty enough. Half the people bitching can’t afford one anyway.

35 minutes ago, pizz said:

It’s me by myself about 90% of the time. I have a friend that helps pour baits with me as needed. Family helps me with shipping and packaging apparel but as far as the prepping baits and painting, it’s just me. 

mark did help me during the pandemic because his regular job came to a halt but he’s been back to work and we only get together for garage chat every now and then. 

I’m more active on Instagram than Facebook but the two are tied together. The Facebook business app is terrible so I rarely go on it. 

Thanks for jumping in and your reply to my question. Always nice to hear straight from the horses mouth. 

36 minutes ago, jiggerjake said:

Thanks for jumping in and your reply to my question. Always nice to hear straight from the horses mouth. 

I’m really good at replying to messages on social media or email. I don’t come on here but maybe 2 - 3 times a month. 

On 7/1/2021 at 10:51 AM, elinumba10 said:

I mean, you make baits the 31k people on facebook seem to want. It should be about you and your product imho. Don’t kill yourself over a few extra baits bro. Not worth it. The amount that’s out is plenty enough. Half the people bitching can’t afford one anyway.

82F5FB69-8E43-460F-9866-87E5908E7998.gif

4 hours ago, elinumba10 said:

Buncha selfish bitches on here i see 

On 7/1/2021 at 12:51 PM, elinumba10 said:

I'm just gonna assume there's something missing in translation here. OP came on and asked how long to get a Pizz bait, and everyone's responses (from what I read) are all "Pizz is a great guy," "He's a one-man op, it'll take time but he's golden," and things along that line. Your response is a bit... confusing. I think everyone's in your camp regarding respecting the man's work and life, not sure what vibe you're getting though?