New PB!

Jinxd12

@chefchrishooked me up a few weeks ago with some Toxic Baits Wade Frogs and a Froglett. Haven't been out in a few weeks due to work. I usually get a pit stop on the way home but 115° and 12 hour days I was to beat.

Told the wife last night I'll be home at "dark o'clock" and met up with @Charettey. Jumped/shimmied a few fences and a few hours later a mini HABOOB sand storm with lighting hit us. The storm turned in the bite for use lots of dinks and this monster. 8.59# largemouth. Super stoked after a lull in the fishing time produced a solid fish!

Couldn't find my lip grippers but wasn't (NOT) weighing this fish! Sucks I forgot about the SU tourney for what would have been my first ever submission!

Jake also caught a few swimbait fish which has been a hard bite to chase all summer so far.

IMG_20210710_080853_066.jpg

IMG_20210710_080853_134.jpg

IMG_20210710_080853_189.jpg

3 hours ago, BrierBob said:

Good job man. Congrats on the pb.  How did it go down?

Thanks bro!

I was just blind casting as far as I could in the terrible wind and angles I could cast in along a weed line. I got hung up for a second then reeling in like 30 more feet. 10 feet from the bank there is a 3ish foot drop off but also more weeds/moss/overhangs.

On this cast I just medium retrieve all the way through that spot right in the middle of the dropoff I wasn't even looking really and the fish hit so hard! 12g shotgun blast explosion damn near shat my pants.

Yelled to my buddy get over here and grab this fish only had 15# test on haha. He grabbed the line like you are NOT supposed to. The line snapped, fish flopped in the mud I yelled "grab the fishhhh". His 1st grab of the fish the head was so big he bumbled the grab lol. 2nd grab standing in the mud he handed me the fish, and he said that's a 10# i say nah 6. 8.59# right in the middle!

awesome fish man. 

that was a killer message to wake up this weekend, made my whole week brother 

glad you actually put the baits to use, hate when i send guys baits to try or test and they sit unfished. 

that fish is a tank man, now go back pre spawn and hang it when shes a DD