Line choices for bass fishing around muskie/pike (glidebaits)

Tisoy

I was wondering what line choices people usually use when fishing for bass around muskie and pike. 

Currently im using 50lb braid with a 80lb fluoro leader and I feel due to the line size and weight of the hardware its hurts the action quite a lot when fishing glide baits. I was thinking of switching to 20lb copoly/fluoro with no leader to increase the action and maneuverability of glide baits, with 3oz being around the max weight of any baits I would throw. 

More or less I want to know if youve had any horrible experiences fishing in these types of waters with straight fluoro/copoly. 

I use a 60lb mono leader for my 2.5oz or under baits and a 100lb leader for my 2.5+oz baits. Any sizable fish will have no problem cutting through even 60lb mono so I have to play my fish but I have some security without sacrificing action too much

21 hours ago, Climberdan said:

I live in WI, where toothy critters destroy lures. I personally use 14lbs tatsu, with a 80# Rollie and helens flouro leader.

18 hours ago, CG_Fishes said:

I use a 60lb mono leader for my 2.5oz or under baits and a 100lb leader for my 2.5+oz baits. Any sizable fish will have no problem cutting through even 60lb mono so I have to play my fish but I have some security without sacrificing action too much

How do you guys feel the leader affects the action of glide baits?

1 hour ago, Tisoy said:

How do you guys feel the leader affects the action of glide baits?

It definitely impacts the action, the degree of which depends on the bait. It matters much less with the big 8+" baits but with the smaller ones you gotta find baits that aren't impacted too much