Baits jacked from car

andrewbee

That really REALLY sucks.

A photographer I know always told me, never leave anything in your car that you can't afford to replace. The worst part is that most insurance policies won't even cover things that are left in your car because of the huge risk of them getting stolen.

I hope that I can track some of it down.

44 minutes ago, bassbass said:

Your home owners insurance should cover it.

You'd be surprised at how little they cover if it isn't declared or on it's own policy. My insurance company told me they would cover my kayak and fishing gear up to $1000 in total minus the deductable.  If I needed more than that I had to purchase a boating policy, which would cover up to $10,000 in fishing equipment.

If you are relying on your insurance company covering your stuff, I highly recommend you call them and itemize everything you own that is hobby related.

Edited by rwp

48 minutes ago, rwp said:

You'd be surprised at how little they cover if it isn't declared or on it's own policy. My insurance company told me they would cover my kayak and fishing gear up to $1000 in total minus the deductable.  If I needed more than that I had to purchase a boating policy, which would cover up to $10,000 in fishing equipment.

If you are relying on your insurance company covering your stuff, I highly recommend you call them and itemize everything you own that is hobby related.

You are correct. 2K without deductible. Just offering some help if he didnt think of it. Even 1K may help with replacement. I have all my stuff cover.