Baits jacked from car

andrewbee

Hey guys unfortunately someone broke into my car last night in Queens New York and stole my poles and baits, aside from 5 poles and  5 reels the heavy stuff is 

- pizz baby carp in gold 
- pats perch mini with serious hook rash 

Not sure if there are NYC guys here but if anyone comes across any baits on offer up, Craigslist, FB market place let a fellow swimbaiter know! 

Thanks enjoy your day

Dang man, that really hurts for sure. Hear of this type of stuff too often these days across the country especially at boat ramps and hotels when tournaments are in town. When I used to fish tournaments, I had decals all over my truck, boat, and boxes/bags but realized that it was a like a beacon for A-Holes especially bc they were high end G Loomis, Shimano, Lucky Craft, Evergreen, etc. If they are just every day thiefs, they will def sell quick to get the cash and might catche them but if they are into or know fishing gear, they may not resell it like that - friends, club members, or just keep it. Hope you get your gear back and catch that sumb****!!!!!

1 hour ago, Unclefish4life said:

Dang man, that really hurts for sure. Hear of this type of stuff too often these days across the country especially at boat ramps and hotels when tournaments are in town. When I used to fish tournaments, I had decals all over my truck, boat, and boxes/bags but realized that it was a like a beacon for A-Holes especially bc they were high end G Loomis, Shimano, Lucky Craft, Evergreen, etc. If they are just every day thiefs, they will def sell quick to get the cash and might catche them but if they are into or know fishing gear, they may not resell it like that - friends, club members, or just keep it. Hope you get your gear back and catch that sumb****!!!!!

This is part of the reason I don't put a single sticker or decal on my car. Never had an issue thankfully but no need to broadcast that I have thousands of dollars of gear in my car. 

1 hour ago, NEbucketmouth19 said:

This is part of the reason I don't put a single sticker or decal on my car. Never had an issue thankfully but no need to broadcast that I have thousands of dollars of gear in my car. 

Absolutely correct. $$$$ in each combo and each tackle tray/box wether conventional or swimbaits. I do not do that at all any more. Luckily nothing actually got taken back then but a couple attempts with pryed storage lids, tailgate/camper shell, broken window, and close calls made me change my thought process forever.  

I wanted to have a full nights rest before I answered… yesterday sucked. 

The dude who tried to take my hull has been arrested, charged and released. NYC does ish different. 

based off the videos I’ve been able to acquire  my poles were gone when the individual was trying to my hull.

ive asked houses with cameras in the area and have a time frame but am waiting to hear back.  I also have a few businesses that I will contact tmw to do the same 

aside from eBay, Craigslist, FB and offer up are there any other sites to sell things?

Let Go and some other newer apps especially in your area. But the hundreds of FB groups, resale pages, fishing groups could be tough to track down. You can sell all kinds of stuff around here just by posting it on our county's online yard sale FB page and the surrounding ones too.