Transfer Tail

Jim137a

Had a few minutes to try out the new transfer tail on a TK and Klash 9 - put simply it’s definitely worth the money as it makes the bait so much more versatile than it already is. 

I fished both baits using braid to 20# mono leader and with Decoy egg snaps - both baits were fished with no lip and the lip in mode B ( tips of tail pointer down ). I did fish them briefly in mode B with the standard lips and initially it does seem to dive deeper but my home lake has such poor visibility I couldn’t see what the bait was doing. When I get more time I’ll test it with the lip in in a clear water lake. 

I have lead golfers tape on both baits as shown in the pics to get the bait to suspend.

Burn and pause is amazing - on the pause the bait glides out nicely fairly wide and doesn’t blow out on the burn. 

Dead walk - the bait stays level and almost pivots on it own axis with small 1/2 to half turns of the reel handle. 

Jerk Bait Style - no lip tail in mode b is really awesome.  The head of the bait dives down to the left or right and slowly floats back up - definitely looks like a dying bait fish to me. If you snap the rod to hard the front hook will foul on the leader. 

Glide Mode - no lip and tail in mode b - the TK and K 9 definitely seem to glide a lot nicer than with the standard tail.

The tail seems to have a better effect on the K9 over the TK not that it’s bad on the TK but on the K9 it’s pretty amazing to me  

During my Mini  test session I was burning and pausing the K9 past a lily pad patch and a really solid fish came out of the pads and  crushed the bait on the pause as it was gliding out - when I tried to flip the fish up a 4’ bank I dropped him - bummed as it would have been my first K9 fish. 

Mixed retrieve - burn / pause, dead walk and jerk bait style is really awesome. 

Finally, @BassInterceptor posted some video footage on his IG page of the TK with transfer tail. 

0B0796C1-E5E8-4E57-B563-EAD41582288C.jpeg

7CA69BE6-A2D7-4945-BD8E-89CD337439C1.jpeg

Dude hell yeah great review. Ive had/fished my fair share of klash series baits. Caught fish had followers etc. Well i decided to get another k9 (specially since i have yet get a k9 fish only on the tk) ima order some transfers now and give the k9 another try

nice intel man found the same thing the k9 seems to just have that sweet spot with the transfer tail and totally agree their worth every penny cause ur able to do so much more. I believe its the most versatile swimbait in the game in my opinion. What would be even crazier is if they make another lip as well.

1 hour ago, Mitchduh said:

Thanks for this. Ordered one with my crappie K9 and hoping to use it. I never really liked any of the swim I was getting from other tail/lip combos before.

Same here. The Tk slays for me but the k9 just never looked that good to me unless I was deep cranking it. Might have to revisit the k9 with the transfer tails 

I've only been able to get my hands on K9s, but that's what I'm worried about. I may try and trade it for a TK, I have to sadly admit to myself that not too many bass get THAT big around here and I think the TK would produce more fish for me.