Big baits.

Bassindon69

I have to agree with the prepay/preorder idea. I would even take it to another level...allowing you to preorder up to two of any model hardbait (with no restriction on how many different ones you could choose$$) Mickey makes with the understanding there may be a substantial wait time. Of course, some guys would probably hound Mickey to no end getting impatient. Mickey could (this is theory) wait until he has a certain number of orders for any given bait and then do a build and ship. I know Mickey is always focused on bringing new stuff and being very controlled to maintain quality but I think a lot of guys would be stoked knowing for certain they could grab some freestyles, real deals, etc...and I personally wouldn't mind the wait. Its the peace of mind knowing you have it secured. I understand the frustration when you look at the site your mind wanders and then you come to the realization that most of the hardbaits are unavailable most of the time. These conversations probably amuse Mickey to no end :lol:

As far as scalpers go....having the ability to preorder would definitely slow it down. If I can preorder any bait (with a limit of 2 per) I don't then need to go on e-bay and pay $600 for a real deal or $450 for a freestyle.....with that said with all the crooks in this world I don't think selling a bait with high demand in a bidding format is a crime....noones gouging anyone per say...its just that the demand far outweighs the supply. Imagine if hudd baits were made in batches of 80...you would then see them selling for $500 a piece in no time. The preorder idea would give Mickey a real clear picture on how much demand really exists for his baits....of course he probably gets red eyed just thinking about it and wants to go fishing just like the rest of us :P

Imagine a 3:16 store...we'd be like kids lined up for a Justin Bieber concert...camped out the night before....grown men! HAHAHAHA

JK

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mickey would you consider prepayment from paypal, Visa, Discover,etc so we do not have to spend so dang much time on the stinking computer. You would know for sure how many baits and how many colors needed. There are so many guys who spend tons of time looking on forums for these baits and others you have made. I would love to prepay for two of these baits ahead of time and I am sure there are more of us who would love to do so. I believe this would help so that you will not have so many people frustrated. The same thing could happen again maybe even if you made 200 or more baits. The same guys could end up with two more baits and the guys who were unable to get baits might not be quick enough again. You can not please everybody but this might put a smile on some of the upset people out there tonight. I just hope after all of this that people understand it is not about those little green fish but they are sure fun to catch. You guys who did not get a bait today try to thank on what's good.

+1

Guys I may be wrong and hope not to step on anyone here. What makes a 316 bait so special, THEY FLAT OUT PRODUCE FISH, and there are a couple of reasons for that in my opinion, Mickey knows fish and produces lures that produce fish, they all are tested and tested some more not only to prove they produce fish, but there quality also. Also what happens when everyone and there brother goes to a lake and throws the same lure, same color day in and day out? The fish get seasoned and the bait stops or slows on producing. So I like how there are limited #'s of baits, won't lie sometimes I get aggravated also about not getting what I want or having to pay a crazy amount for it, but it is what it is. So I hope that not everyone that wants a bait gets one, that way the baits aren't overfished before people even master using them. Give the man a break, let him do what he wants with his company, this means making the baits, painting them, numbers of them, and how he sells them. And I can already hear this one coming what about Butch and hudds there are a million hudds and butch still produces fish. Yes Butch does and you have to remember he is a master at this bait, and big fish so not a good argument. Hope this doesn't offend anyone but let Mickey do what he wants, end of discussion.

Give the man a break, let him do what he wants with his company, this means making the baits, painting them, numbers of them, and how he sells them.

This sums it all up right here... Great post!

Very well stated, Will!

+1000. I didn't know we had so many cry babies on this site! :cry: I wanted a few of them and tried getting them but couldn't. But I'm not gonna get on the Internet and cry about it. Mickey obviously knows how to build the best baits made as well as run his company. If he didn't you all wouldn't be wanting them. So just be happy he is building such sweet baits

There sure are alot of whiners that need an order of french cries with there waamburgers. The funny thing is most of them are only jumping on the band wagon. Where were all of you before? Now that the word has spread out of the west and few other places out of the east. I know shinner, njvbass, dsouth, and bronzefly have been representing, but alot of other guys are pretty new to the game. I know no matter how mickey decides to sell his baits there is not gonna be enough for everyone. So just be patient and let the man do his thing. I know when there was a waiting list people cried. I personally waited for close to 8 months for a pair of bass freestyles. Now that there is no wait list there is still people crying. There is no way to make everyone happy. First come first serve is as fair as it gets in my opinion. Now stop the whining and go fishing!

Damn, Didnt know a little 6 inch bait would kick up so much dust!Thanks for voicing your opinion gentlemen. That was 80 baits and the first production run. I like to roll new baits out slow to make sure they are running the way I set then up.If they pass the test boom, its on! Ill start a new batch Monday morning hope to add some more colors too.

All baits will ship today, hope you guys enjoy!

please mickey make a red head color

Damn, Didnt know a little 6 inch bait would kick up so much dust!Thanks for voicing your opinion gentlemen. That was 80 baits and the first production run. I like to roll new baits out slow to make sure they are running the way I set then up.If they pass the test boom, its on! Ill start a new batch Monday morning hope to add some more colors too.

Did you stick any baits , kid?

Did you stick any baits , kid?

was gonna get a white floater but i got in trouble with my folks cuz of my grade in English

:cry::cry:

was gonna get a white floater but i got in trouble with my folks cuz of my grade in English

:cry::cry:

Don't be sad about not getting the 6". Be sad about your English grade. Trust me, if I could go back in time I would have spent a little more time studying and a little less time at Puddingstone. ;)