LDC/Lexa 300/8" FS Search & Rescue

evans_usmc69

My good friend Brandon, Squid07 on here, called me after a day on the lake. To say he sounded depressed is an understatement :lol: Said he went to cast his LDC Production MH and it slipped out of his hands and in the water went rod, Daiwa Lexa 300 and a 3:16 8" FS Dark Trout SS....... ouch :shock: I'll let him explain all of that though :lol:

I laughed at first when I added up the total of $ invested, then it hit me, THAT WOULD SUCK :twisted: We started talking about going to get it tomorrow, looked at the watch, about 2 hours before dark. Brandon still had the boat in tow so he swung by, picked me up and off to the lake we went!

Got back to the general area and Brandon couldn't really remember exactly where he lost it, so we just kinda casted out ST-41 2/0's with a big@ss bullet weight and drug it in. After about a hour and plenty of sticks, twigs, and leafs in the boat, I finally hooked it and got it in. You can't tell me that's not a happy man in that pic :D

Moral of the story.....don't throw your Rod/Reel/Bait in the water :lol::lol::lol::lol: BTW, free-diving just wasn't an option in 59 degree water, just too cold(plus I learned last year that my max dive is about 8 ft :lol::lol: ). Luckily he lost it in a flat up the river of a lake and it was only around 15-20 foot deep or so :D