Roman Made Trophy Walleye

benczar94

6 hours ago, Niki814 said:

I have caught nice walleye on the 316 perch jr, Pat's snack, and 2faced shad, chub and herring.  But them are some pig walleye. Congrats 

Those baits sound like a fun way to catch them too! Thank you I had a great time reeling them in :) tight lines

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, CarlosC said:

That’s awesome! I see a Hud tied on. Any walleye on that?

They eat Hudds.  I've kept track of what I've caught >25" walleye on for about 10 years.  Here's what the info shows, with the caveat that I don't fish all lure types for equal amounts of time.

WalleyeLure.png.438b59a7d5651cbca8e4f3f7e9807921.png

6 minutes ago, FishDr said:

They eat Hudds.  I've kept track of what I've caught >25" walleye on for about 10 years.  Here's what the info shows, with the caveat that I don't fish all lure types for equal amounts of time.

WalleyeLure.png.438b59a7d5651cbca8e4f3f7e9807921.png

Wow. Amazing info thanks! I can catch them all day on a jerkbait, never thought about targeting walleye with big swimbaits. My PB in my local waters is just shy of 5 pounds right around 24 inches would have to go back and look to be sure. I know there are bigger ones in there. Maybe I will give it a go this year! 

On 12/31/2021 at 12:57 AM, CarlosC said:

That’s awesome! I see a Hud tied on. Any walleye on that?

I have never caught a single fish on a Huddleston lol but I have caught a lot of big fish on other swimbaits so I’m not complaining, I just never have any luck on them in my waters.