Deps ss 250 retrieval??

jc4jc

I had a couple questions and open to anyone's opinion about this but I am pretty new into fishing swimbaits and I snapped off a flash carp 250 on one of my rookie mistakes. I lost it about a month ago and was wondering if it is even worth looking for after all this time. I was hoping because of the weird material it's made of I could still get it but is it worth it? It's in 15ft of water approximately and I have the spot saved on my gps. Thanks

Jordan

always worth it! I have no problem looking like an idiot to get my baits back. This one was when my BB 250 got snagged, on a really thick carpet someone threw in the lake.

Not to side track, but.. a little back story. With 5 minutes to go in a tourney till weight in. One last cast with the slide. A boat on either side of me trying to talk, distracting. Long cast right into a tree. I was like crap. Went to get it and was talking to the boat I had to cut off to get my bait back. Shaking slack hard not looking and I hear a snap!!! I was like crap! Turn and look and didn't see anything where my slide was. I litterally turned to my partner and said "dude where the fug my bait go!" Just as go rolled off the toung my side land 15 feet off the stern. It must have shot 50 feet straight up! Hauled butt over to it. Watched it sink out of view and GPS'ed it. Then stripped down to boxers and jumped in. I searched as long as I could and broke my net dragging the bottom. It was only 8 foot deep. Thought ok ill come back tomorrow. Got the slick idea to drag tire chains with two ropes from Bruce. (You may want to try this!) Went back drug that area for almost a hour and a half and never saw it. :? Moral of the story. Just cause its GPS'ed don't mean much. They swim all the way to the bottom. Lol. I've tried alot of things even tied my net to the anchor once(dons idea) and didn't get that one back either. Lol. I wish you luck man but if your hard core at finding it, get a divers mask and jump in. Lol. That's your best bet! Again good luck. :ugeek:

The only time I have had luck with hung baits is when I hang em bank fishing and cut the line close to the rod, tie it off to a tree then either swim in :shock: or drop a yak in the lake and free it. Beware though, alligator snapping turtles WILL snap hudds apart, they think it is real and since they eat dead/decaying animals, they will tear them apart... just my .2 cents. Don't really know about cast off baits though! Good luck

always worth it! I have no problem looking like an idiot to get my baits back. This one was when my BB 250 got snagged, on a really thick carpet someone threw in the lake.

This is awesome!

It's crazy how people are so careless with the things they throw in lakes. It's so frustrating to see all the garbage and things people have put into lakes that could have easily been taken home and disposed of properly.

It's crazy how people are so careless with the things they throw in lakes. It's so frustrating to see all the garbage and things people have put into lakes that could have easily been taken home and disposed of properly.

yeah, it really bums me out. Last time I found a 55gal drum in the lake. I went back there today and it looks to be gone.

I often find myself picking out trash from the local city lake, after a while I give up because there's so much.

Thanks everyone! Because of school and buisy life I haven't been able to go back out to it but the day after I lost it there was a really bad storm with huge waves and I couldn't stay on the spot. I think I am gonna drag the chains over it a few times I hope it's still there.

Thanks everyone. I will try to get back out and look for it again. I think I am gonna drag some chains or something like that, or if that fails just try and swim for it. Thanks for the advice I hope I find it!