Split ring

Bassmann86

13 hours ago, Bassmann86 said:

I’m switching stuff over to the SU Zero rings. Do you think stepping down to size 5 would make a difference? 

I believe the size 5 Zero rings are rated higher weight than the Hyper Wire size 6. Put them side by side for size comparison (maybe ~1.5mm OD my guess). 

Personally, I'd be more concerned with the hooks, I don't like cutting points so the 41s would have to go before I ever fished it. 

8 hours ago, chevro1et said:

I believe the size 5 Zero rings are rated higher weight than the Hyper Wire size 6. Put them side by side for size comparison (maybe ~1.5mm OD my guess). 

Personally, I'd be more concerned with the hooks, I don't like cutting points so the 41s would have to go before I ever fished it. 

Thank you for the info. I’m running #1 STY-35MF right now but I’m going to be switching all of them to the STX-45ZN #2 since the Gen 3 have rotating hook hangers and keep things simple only having to buy one style of hook for all of my Gen 2 and Gen 3 6” wakes 

8 hours ago, Bassmann86 said:

Thank you for the info. I’m running #1 STY-35MF right now but I’m going to be switching all of them to the STX-45ZN #2 since the Gen 3 have rotating hook hangers and keep things simple only having to buy one style of hook for all of my Gen 2 and Gen 3 6” wakes 

I've been using STY35MF on my glides and like them. Planning on using the STX-45ZN for crankdowns. 

1 hour ago, chevro1et said:

I've been using STY35MF on my glides and like them. Planning on using the STX-45ZN for crankdowns. 

I love the STY35MF. Amazing hooks but I wish they had equal hook point layout so you can use them with baits with rotating hook hangers. 

3 minutes ago, Bassmann86 said:

I love the STY35MF. Amazing hooks but I wish they had equal hook point layout so you can use them with baits with rotating hook hangers. 

If you're looking for a Zo-wire 1x hook, have you checked out the STX-38s?