new melones lake

godzilla

The spot burners dream :lol: That's just way to much :?

Wow. Same thing I was thinking. Cool vid, but man, what a bummer for guys who have actually put the work in to find these areas. I could go to every spot on that video just by watching it.

Btw no hate here. I just don't get it. For what ? A moment of fame? a few bucks? They say "there are no more secrets" With this kind of vids, nope there wont be. Cool vids and all for those who don't fish the lakes and areas. That's a fact. However some , maybe many, I don't know for sure chase bites and want to know the short cuts. Take Oliver from big bass dreams (bless his heart). If the same fish was caught (17 lber) in the same spot and the pic when caught the 1st time showed the same background then did he really get it on his own? Or did he chase the bite from the pic clues? Oliver, only you and the guy from TT baits know the truth. We may never know. If a guy , who already knows what he or she is doing gets more or less a map to "where" , that's about all it takes. the rest is just time. If people don't see (because seeing is believing) fish caught on a spot they may fish and move on without ever knowing it's any good at all. But when you see the fish, others will camp on it (with all the confidence needed)to get that same fish or bite.

Sorry to those tourney guys that fish there and for those trophy hunters also. What a shame to give it up so easy, I'm sure it's not all the places but it's enough :lol: . Read my signature below. I hope this isn't the future of the sport (blowing up water for all who fish it) because I would sure hate to drive further than I already do. Great vids I'm sure by Oliver, Joe and any other person that does them like this. After all we don't own the water , right? You can teach without showing the areas,spots. That way some can have some pride in what they have figured out on their own. You take that away like this.

If this is where it's all going I'm glad I still surf :lol:

Have a great day everyone. I'm glad I don't swimbait that lake.

I agree with u don but im from norcal so ima go ride on that saddle. :D

LMAO!! Get em. He gave it up, May as well catch some ;) May as well take some video too :lol:

Yea.....This would piss me off if I lived in Norcal.

It is a surprisingly annoying video in general.

I'm sure that P-line kicker minnow moves way more water than a hudd in dirty water, @10:00....

Colby, you know you want an "IF" shirt :lol:

Yea.....This would piss me off if I lived in Norcal.

It is a surprisingly annoying video in general.

I'm sure that P-line kicker minnow moves way more water than a hudd in dirty water, @10:00....

Yeah... For the most part I was yelling at the screen on how big baits work really well in dingy water! :roll:

Don, what's with the hate? I thought the reason this forum was started was to get away from the crap that was going on "that other site" but now its the same thing over here.

Someone posts are great educational video to share knowledge with the community and you have to put it down because it gives away spots? Really? You of all people know how important things like boat positioning are when hitting up a spot. I'm sure you have pulled up on one of your "secret spots" on Eastman and caught fish right after someone else just moved off of it. Just because someone saw a clip from a video with a certain background doesn't mean they are going to be able to catch fish there.

Then to allude to the reasons why Oliver is doing what he is doing when in fact you have no idea why he put this project together. The jabs are getting old bro. I just don't get where you are coming from. Is it something personal? Butch Brown posts footage of fish caught on one of the smallest bodies of water around and I don't see you hating. Ben shares Manny's video which shows where all the fish were caught and I don't see you hating. Is it just because you believe that Oliver poached that 17? If so then challenge him to an arm wrestling match or something but just get over the burning spots thing.

Not everyone wants to watch videos from the vantage point of the floor and be told to "figure it out themselves". Some people want to be entertained and learn. That may have come across as a jab but it is really just in hopes that you see the other side of things. You are too good of a fisherman and too well respected to be coming across as a hater.

To the SU Family, I apologize for not contributing in a long time and then to come in and post this but I just had to get it off my chest.

Jared