Need suggestions....

buttaluns

Guys/gals soon will mark my second year swim baiting and im loving every minute of it. My question is i just bought a shimano cardiff 400a reel and im looking for a good rod to pair it with. I live in ohio and pretty much am strictly a bass man. I think the biggest bait i will throw will be no more than 8" so with that said can some one help me pick out a quality rod thats not crazy expensive but performs? And is the cardiff 400a a solid reel or did i mess up?

Guys/gals soon will mark my second year swim baiting and im loving every minute of it. My question is i just bought a shimano cardiff 400a reel and im looking for a good rod to pair it with. I live in ohio and pretty much am strictly a bass man. I think the biggest bait i will throw will be no more than 8" so with that said can some one help me pick out a quality rod thats not crazy expensive but performs? And is the cardiff 400a a solid reel or did i mess up?

Whats your budget on rods?

All depends on what you want to spend. The Okuma's aren't bad for the $$ and I would consider a good entry level rod. Next would be the Powell or Shimano Crucials. Then you can move up to Dobyns or Loomis. Or you can spoil yourself and go custom!! There are other rods out there but these are the most commonly used.

All depends on what you want to spend. The Okuma's aren't bad for the $$ and I would consider a good entry level rod. Next would be the Powell or Shimano Crucials. Then you can move up to Dobyns or Loomis. Or you can spoil yourself and go custom!! There are other rods out there but these are the most commonly used.

+1. Maybe even find a used rod...

Well this past spring/summer i used the two rods i have now (Powell 800 SBR EH and a Shimano Crucial S711H) with curado 200's and they seemed to work pretty good. I guess as far as price, id like a real nice rod because i read certain rods can give better action or what not, i dont want to think custom yet, and a used rod would be fine by me. Heck does anyone have a used rod that is a higher end but not out of the ball park theyd wanna sell me thatd go with my cardiff?

Well this past spring/summer i used the two rods i have now (Powell 800 SBR EH and a Shimano Crucial S711H) with curado 200's and they seemed to work pretty good. I guess as far as price, id like a real nice rod because i read certain rods can give better action or what not, i dont want to think custom yet, and a used rod would be fine by me. Heck does anyone have a used rod that is a higher end but not out of the ball park theyd wanna sell me thatd go with my cardiff?

I'll hook you up!! I have a Loomis 957 just sitting around. Used but in good shape. $50 and it's yours!! Just pm me your info. I'll try and get it shipped in the next few days but no promises. Busy week for me.

Al

I'll hook you up!! I have a Loomis 957 just sitting around. Used but in good shape. $50 and it's yours!! Just pm me your info. I'll try and get it shipped in the next few days but no promises. Busy week for me.

Al

Very generous of you Al. Awesome act of kindness.

Geoff