OKC Tornado Bait Donation/Auction for Relief

Cimzia79

After having lived in OKC my whole life and watching the scene from just a few miles south of my house Monday, words can't truly describe what its like around here. The kids dying, the hundreds of houses destroyed etc. I was out there yesterday during the cleanup and the amount of broken fishing poles, boats and tackle boxes were astonishing. Lots of fisherman and women lived in Moore and now they have lost everything

I was hoping maybe some of the bait makers or people with multiple baits, poles, etc would be willing to donate some baits or anything for an ebay auction or for distribution in OKC. I'm trying to put together something and was just curious maybe if anyone would want to help out and donate anything fishing related. If anyone would like to help out DM or post in this thread and I will respond ASAP.

Thanks

Yeah, the amount of broken fishing poles/equipment I saw was amazing. Figured some of the baitmakers or some of the guys who literally spend thousands of dollars on swimbaits might want to help out. I already got a bunch of stuff from Academy and Lucky Lure off May so if nobody else is in to help, I got enough to make at least a few people happy.

Yeah, the amount of broken fishing poles/equipment I saw was amazing. Figured some of the baitmakers or some of the guys who literally spend thousands of dollars on swimbaits might want to help out. I already got a bunch of stuff from Academy and Lucky Lure off May so if nobody else is in to help, I got enough to make at least a few people happy.

What did David at Lucky Lure donate

He's going to let us use that as a drop off spot potentially he wants to wait until people have a home or place to put things in first, going to talk again Tuesday. I'm going to ask my buddy pro angler Nick Aber to hopefully donate a guide day or two. I'm just brainstorming, Academy gave a few spinning combos and a ton of plastics though.