My purchase experience and buyers beware!

klashclan

What's up SU junkies,

As Christmas approaches, we all want to have some nice tackles for the holidays, so do I. 

I've bought some really nice DRT baits from some users here on the forum. All transactions went smoothly and all sellers were extremely nice and delivered the baits quickly.

However, some of the baits still got stolen right in front of my door, even with the tracking saying, it was delivered! So I lost 2 brand new Tinyklash Joythief and one Tinyklash US Trout. Both came from different sellers. 

I also lost a package from SU directly. But SU is so nice and awesome to send me a second one. You rock Swimbait Underground!

Funny enough, when I searched on Ebay and I found that a person from Texas sells exactly these 2 Tinyklash Joythief. What a coincidence?! And he doesn't sell anything, but these 2 baits.

And I am also from Texas. I'm not saying that he stole my baits. But y'all know how suspicious this sounds! The likelihood that someone sells these exact rare baits at around the same time in the same state. Anyway, there is no way to prove that. I just wanna say, if you trade or buy stuff, you gotta get it insured and with signature by all means. Otherwise, the USPS guy just drops it at your door and anyone can come and pick em up. This really sucks!

Our sellers here on the forum were very nice and offered help. I really appreciate that and let's see if I can get a reimbursement. 

Thank you guys for listening and just be careful with those package thieves and y'all have a happy holiday!

how long has it been since they were supposed to be deliverd ? the reason i ask is becasue i have had packages that will say they have been deliverd and they dont show up for several days. i have heard this is due to the driver being behind but still needing to meet the delivery dates. also you might just ask around with your neighbors as well maybe they got dropped at the wrong house. 

27 minutes ago, swimb8bassin512 said:

how long has it been since they were supposed to be deliverd ? the reason i ask is becasue i have had packages that will say they have been deliverd and they dont show up for several days. i have heard this is due to the driver being behind but still needing to meet the delivery dates. also you might just ask around with your neighbors as well maybe they got dropped at the wrong house. 

Thanks for the input! It's delivered 20 days ago. So, it's gone for good. I live in an apartment building with many neighbors so that's not the problem.

44 minutes ago, MEGAMAG119 said:

Looks like it’s time for a sting operation. As for the Joythiefs, I wouldn’t necessarily accuse someone specific just yet because of timing and location.  It’s a bummer and I hope you get a resolution. 

Of course, I said in the original post. I'm not giving any accusations, it's no use. I'm just saying that my stuff is gone and stolen. People sell them for money. It's a known thing in the states. No surprise, especially during the holiday season. Thieves are busy right now!

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Just a heads up on signature required packages. NONE of the packages I’ve received in years that were indeed shipped as signature required from the USPS, FedEx or UPS bothered to have me sign until I took matters into my own hands. (Explanation coming) No knock. No doorbell. Just tossed onto my porch. 

Calling and complaining did nothing to resolve this. Happened from companies and individuals. So I bought a video doorbell that alerts my phone and iPad when motion is detected. So I took the opportunity on the next signature required package to see what was happening. The box was scanned and then the UPS guy scribbled a signature on his deceive and pushed a button. Beep! Then I used the speaker and began blistering him for not having me sign. Told him I had it on video and would take action if it happened again. He made a snide remark apparently thinking I wasn’t home. When I opened the door, his face went pale. Instant apologies. He’s never done that again. Went through a similar process with Fed Ex. All good now. 

The USPS however simply crams anything that will fit into the mailbox. We go through so many different carriers that I gave up on scolding them about not having me sign. 

That said, the doorbell camera has been awesome. I can see anyone that sets foot in my driveway or yard. I can see and hear everything. I can also communicate from my couch or on vacation. Salesman walking door to door...I just ignore the doorbell. Package delivered...I know. The only downside is that my wife gets alerts too. No more hiding how many swimbaits I really buy.:ph34r:

It's porch pirate season definitely wouldn't assume someone from your state has them but check your local pawn shops or even offer up and FB market place for your lures but man that sucks . And as stated above if your tracking your packages on informed delivery it has up to 3 days from the time it's been marked for delivery to be delivered  

Just now, basskickinrednick said:

This is why I have a PO box and so the wifey doesn't get mad at new baits lol

so am I the only one that keeps “trading” baits everytime so she thinks im not really spending money?

3 hours ago, SVT THUNDER said:

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Just a heads up on signature required packages. NONE of the packages I’ve received in years that were indeed shipped as signature required from the USPS, FedEx or UPS bothered to have me sign until I took matters into my own hands. (Explanation coming) No knock. No doorbell. Just tossed onto my porch. 

Calling and complaining did nothing to resolve this. Happened from companies and individuals. So I bought a video doorbell that alerts my phone and iPad when motion is detected. So I took the opportunity on the next signature required package to see what was happening. The box was scanned and then the UPS guy scribbled a signature on his deceive and pushed a button. Beep! Then I used the speaker and began blistering him for not having me sign. Told him I had it on video and would take action if it happened again. He made a snide remark apparently thinking I wasn’t home. When I opened the door, his face went pale. Instant apologies. He’s never done that again. Went through a similar process with Fed Ex. All good now. 

The USPS however simply crams anything that will fit into the mailbox. We go through so many different carriers that I gave up on scolding them about not having me sign. 

That said, the doorbell camera has been awesome. I can see anyone that sets foot in my driveway or yard. I can see and hear everything. I can also communicate from my couch or on vacation. Salesman walking door to door...I just ignore the doorbell. Package delivered...I know. The only downside is that my wife gets alerts too. No more hiding how many swimbaits I really buy.:ph34r:

got em red handed lol

That's a bummer dude. 

When I first moved to the city I live in I hated how the mail was delivered. I was use to mail being delivered straight to my house my whole life. Now I live in a city where your block has 2 or 3 mail boxes that are for the whole block( kind of like a PO box). Everyone is assigned a number and a key and their are 2 large mailbox slots for packages. If you have a package and it doesn't fit in your regular box they put it in the large box and leave you a key to open it and the keys stays locked in it for the mailman to recover it for next use. This also makes the mailman's jobs easier since he does not need to walk house to house. Only time something get delivered to your front door is if it a very large package. Their has been a issue where someone breaks into the whole mailbox but that's pretty rare(never has happened to my block fortunately) usually happens around tax time. 

I know this doesn't help you out at all but just wanted to share. Maybe in the future more city's will adopt this.

2 hours ago, basskickinrednick said:

This is why I have a PO box and so the wifey doesn't get mad at new baits lol

My mom lives down the street. I've gotten several packages shipped to her house instead. lol