StC Victory vs StC Premier Musky vs Shimano Expride

BullyBee

Hey now. I’ve narrowed it down to 3 rods. 
I’ll be fishing medium to large pike using mostly swimbaits, spinners and chatter bait with trailers.  I’m looking for good response in the 1-2.5oz range. Anything more than that will be handled with a different rod. I’m not against a heavy rod but I also don’t want it to be super overkill. I don’t need a broom stick, I just want it to be thick enough to have a nice back bone but not so much a broomstick. *Disclaimer* I live in Canada so I am looking at what is available here….

St Croix Premier Musky PM76MHF

St Croix Victory VTC710HF 

Shimano Expride EX180HA

I can't speak on the 710HF but I have the 710XXHF and it's a broom stick. I picked up a Dobyns 867 for my treble hook baits and I've been liking it so far. St. Croix isn't bad it just wanted something for glides and it was too stiff. Great Jig hook rod tho. 

31 minutes ago, Secretly Beloved said:

I can't speak on the 710HF but I have the 710XXHF and it's a broom stick. I picked up a Dobyns 867 for my treble hook baits and I've been liking it so far. St. Croix isn't bad it just wanted something for glides and it was too stiff. Great Jig hook rod tho. 

I went with the Premier MH. We will see how it goes! 

• 1 month later...

Think about the daiwa dxsb medium heavy. Only $100 bucks and is a great rod for 1 to 3 ounce baits. I have caught big pile and some decent stripper on it and she takes it like a champ. Can't beat the rod for the price

• 9 months later...
On 1/3/2022 at 4:16 PM, Csweitzer said:

I can’t speak to the other 2 rods, but the 710 Victory is a very well made rod, I’ve enjoyed using it. 

Is this the sb Brutus ? If so would you recommend for weedless baits?