Penn Squall 400

FLsharkman

I bought a Squall 400 lp for snook fishing and really big bass and for the most part it is an amazing reel but the only issue I have is that the line guide doesn't give any line to the very right edge. The line guide is also very wobbly. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me but if I cant get it fixed I'm just going to return it and get a Piscifun Alijos.

It’s likely that both of those problems are unfortunately not 100% fixable. You could try having the worm gear replaced (the grooved bar that the line guide traverses), but it’s probably gonna be similar to what ya have now. Just bad machining/tolerances. Its a common problem in a lot of level wind reels honestly. 

35 minutes ago, Whammy said:

It’s likely that both of those problems are unfortunately not 100% fixable. You could try having the worm gear replaced (the grooved bar that the line guide traverses), but it’s probably gonna be similar to what ya have now. Just bad machining/tolerances. Its a common problem in a lot of level wind reels honestly. 

Agreed. I’ve had many penn levelwind saltwater reels fail on me from that same component, I lost a massive lingcod on one when it seized up

6 minutes ago, JacksonF said:

Agreed. I’ve had many penn levelwind saltwater reels fail on me from that same component, I lost a massive lingcod on one when it seized up

That sucks man. There’s just sooo many pieces involved with the level wind that can fail. Too much brass and plastic to get chewed up