TK tuning

Willys_fishing

On 1/25/2022 at 11:02 AM, Willys_fishing said:

Hey I was wondering how you guys tune your TKs for the winter it has been a difficult time for me this winter and wanted to see how y’all do it. Thanks!

A lot of the tuning really depends on line size and type. I try to throw my TK on either 17 or 18 LB floro but there is a time and place that I will use braid to 17lb mono. I like zappu board weights because they are easy to add / remove / trim. Varivas grenade sinkers are great for quick on the water changes as well. You really gotta get out there and play around with weight and placement of weight. These things have the ability or be deadly slow glide baits, fast subsurface burn baits, aggressive crankdowns, subtle crankdowns and everything in between. I have access to a swimming pool and I have spent a lot of time adding and moving weight to get different actions. I feel like there is a lot of untapped potential with these things between the 3 different tails, now 4 different lips and unlimited weight addition / placement. 

Also look around at the @drtheadz IG, those Japanese guys catch absolute pigs on them and they usually show the bait. I have picked up a lot of tuning stuff from looking at their pages. Those guys really seem to spend a lot of time tuning and trying different stuff. 

11 hours ago, Phiderman said:

Also look around at the @drtheadz IG, those Japanese guys catch absolute pigs on them and they usually show the bait. I have picked up a lot of tuning stuff from looking at their pages. Those guys really seem to spend a lot of time tuning and trying different stuff. 

Thank you man I already follow DRTheads and get a lot of ideas from them I got an order of some of the grenades in and I might get a K9 soon to be able to use that roll lip, but thank you I stick to a 17 pound Fluoro and I usually use the B mode with the tail up and the stock lip in and will either give it a good 2-1 jerk or I’ll do a fast crank with jerks in between

4 hours ago, Willys_fishing said:

Thank you man I already follow DRTheads and get a lot of ideas from them I got an order of some of the grenades in and I might get a K9 soon to be able to use that roll lip, but thank you I stick to a 17 pound Fluoro and I usually use the B mode with the tail up and the stock lip in and will either give it a good 2-1 jerk or I’ll do a fast crank with jerks in between

You can get it to glide with the v-tail too…..